Have you given any names to your favourite guitars?

sartana

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh snap, you wanted to know the names. well lets see...
1. tiger...gibson sg
2. cheeta...guild S300AD
3. bad cat...epi bass
4. panther...squier tele
5. siberian...agile st1000 strat
6. black cat...washburn fat strat
7. saber cat...home built super strat wP-90's
8. cevit yamaha 6 string acoustic
9. loinheart...agile AL2800 LP
10. fire cat...home built ash w/maple top tele
11. fat cat...yamaha 12 string acoustic

coming to the zoo soon:
leopard...custom built tele
space cat...home built strat H/H and a gfs mod board
snow leopard...SX gg6 nat.
kitten...a ovation 6 string
and a home refurb bolt neck lp copy which is kind a simi hollow, but not in the true sense of the word, that I will name later. there is that better? ;~)

I think thats how my collection will stay for a long time

• Members
oh snap, you wanted to know the names. well lets see...

1. tiger...gibson sg

2. cheeta...guild S300AD

3. bad cat...epi bass

4. panther...squier tele

5. siberian...agile st1000 strat

6. black cat...washburn fat strat

7. saber cat...home built super strat wP-90's

8. cevit yamaha 6 string acoustic

9. loinheart...agile AL2800 LP

10. fire cat...home built ash w/maple top tele

11. fat cat...yamaha 12 string acoustic

coming to the zoo soon:

leopard...custom built tele

space cat...home built strat H/H and a gfs mod board

snow leopard...SX gg6 nat.

kitten...a ovation 6 string

and a home refurb bolt neck lp copy which is kind a simi hollow, but not in the true sense of the word, that I will name later. there is that better? ;~)

I think thats how my collection will stay for a long time

Yes, better.

Btw, I've seen your SG and that sweet Guild a batch of times, what does the 2xP-90 Strat look like?

My curiosity is piqued by my own recent acquisition of a pre-modded Strat with 2 P-90's. :thu:

• Members

I don't have enough guitars that names are really necessary...

...yet.

However, the few I do have usually get color, brand or material monikers... which are usually given by other people, who are asking "Why don't you play ..." or "Where's ..."

• Members
it's a cort body that jj gave me, it's either basswood or popluar. it has 2 gfs mean 90's. just killer pup's, imo

guitar.jpg

headstock-1.jpg

guitar1.jpg

pretty proud of this one, as it was my first complete home build.
:cool:

Cool. The one I just bought has the regular GFS P-90's in it.

pearlwstratswitchtipss3.jpg

As usual, I let someone else do all the modding work. ;)

• Members
Cool. The one I just bought has the regular GFS P-90's in it.

pearlwstratswitchtipss3.jpg

As usual, I let someone else do all the modding work.
;)

I love that color, although i'm not a big fan of cream colored P-90's, but they do look nice with that blue:love:

• Members

I love that color, although i'm not a big fan of cream colored P-90's, but they do look nice with that blue:love:

Thanks, yeah I thought that cobalt blue was pretty spiffy for such a cheapie ($103 + shipping).

I didn't really think about the color of the P-90's. I've got 3 other P-90 guitars, all with black pickups, so I guess now I've got a little more variety. Also, this is the first non-S-S-S Strat I've ever had, the first hardtail/toploader Strat I've had, and the first Strat I've ever had with a rosewood board.

• Members

Thanks, yeah I thought that cobalt blue was pretty spiffy for such a cheapie ($103 + shipping).

I didn't really think about the color of the P-90's. I've got 3 other P-90 guitars, all with black pickups, so I guess now I've got a little more variety. Also, this is the first non-S-S-S Strat I've ever had, the first hardtail/toploader Strat I've had, and the first Strat I've ever had with a rosewood board.

$103 wow what a great deal:eek:

• Members
$103 wow what a great deal:eek:

Thanks, I thought so too. The guitar was probably around $100 new, but the seller had sunk at least another $80-$90 into it with the GFS P-90's, the Warmoth scratchplate, and CTS pots.

Did I mention he included the wired-up original scratchplate and pickup too?

86fe_1.JPG

'Cause he did. :thu:

• Members

i've never named any of my guitars- however i have a friend with a guitar he calls "scary mary" cos the neck pickup is totaled and just makes really wild screams and wials of feedback, and generally just goes nuts whenever you switch to it, it's SOOOO much fun!! :D

• Members

I've named, forgot the names and the renamed them. I just think of them as the Rev, the Tele, the Les, and the Junior.

Here's the last round of names I thought up:

Babylon - after the Dolls song, Johnny Thunders, and my Punk Rock daze.

IMG_0494-1.jpg

Damballah - after the Voodoo god cuz this guy is pure swamp and rattlesnake blues vibe.

DSC02999_1_1.jpg

Nigel after the Spinal Tap guy "Listen to that sustain" uhhhhhhhhh "go out and grab a sandwich".

IMG_0733-1.jpg

But honestly, to my self I just call them, the Rev, the Tele, the Les, and the Jr.

• Members
I've named, forgot the names and the renamed them. I just think of them as the Rev, the Tele, the Les, and the Junior.

Here's the last round of names I thought up:

Babylon - after the Dolls song, Johnny Thunders, and my Punk Rock daze.

IMG_0494-1.jpg

I'm guessing that was a Melody Maker modded to approximate a Junior?

• Members

Meet Jen, shes the only one with a name thats stuck. We've been together 4 years now. Shes only getting better with age :cop:

jen3.jpg

and the Ibanez SZ in my avatar... well, i call that my SZ

• Members
I'm guessing that was a Melody Maker modded to approximate a Junior?

Actually it's a for real '55 Les Paul Jr that had the upper bout cut sometime in the distant past for some unknown reason - it was expertly done though. But if you view the headstock and the back of the guitar you can see what I mean. It has a 55 serial number too. Under the custom cut pick guard is a pick-up size hole (not so expertly done) that I had filled with mahogany. My friend dropped it down the stairs to my apartment coming back from a gig cracking the headstock, but repairs worked perfectly and it plays like it always did - great.

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0485_2.jpg

IMG_0488_2.jpg

I'm thinking about doing some drastic mods on it though, like stripping it and refinishing it to it's natural mahogany, adding a bigsby, and replacing the SD Antiquites P90 pickup with the vintage mini humbucker that was in the bridge position when I got it.

IMG_0512.jpg

As I said before, it's a great player, but since it was butchered so badly by the previous owner, and my friend's cracking the headstock, thereby destroying any $ value it might have had, I'm pretty free to do with it whatever I want without fear of {censored}ing up a classic. So in that regard it's a pretty rare bird.

Archived