my gibson explorer has some

thetrooper9

• Members

fret buzz issues the action is 7/64" (2.5mm) from the 12th fret to the 6th string i have a week to return it or my dealer said i could also wait till he got more in stock and swap. would about every guitar have buzz at this height? i also like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLSMG-Electric-Guitar?sku=512234 if it would be any better what should i do?

• Members

fret buzz issues the action is 7/64" (2.5mm) from the 12th fret to the 6th string i have a week to return it or my dealer said i could also wait till he got more in stock and swap. would about every guitar have buzz at this height? i also like this
if it would be any better what should i do?

Still having issues with that Explorer? Did the store you bought it form have a look at it? My guesstimation is that it needs a pro-setup.

• Members

Uptdate......When you measure that height is it from the board or fret? My Gibby Explorer is just about 4mm from the board on the low E (46 gauge) in the 6-12 fret range. About 3mm from the fret. My neck is fairly straight.

I am not surprised you are buzzing at 2.5mm as that is very low.

• Members

Uptdate......When you measure that height is it from the board or fret? My Gibby Explorer is just about 4mm from the board on the low E (46 gauge) in the 6-12 fret range. About 3mm from the fret. My neck is fairly straight.

I am not surprised you are buzzing at 2.5mm as that is very low.

its from the fret

and i took it back today and he did work on the setup he told me that "the sting is going to hit and buzz but it wont come through the amp so its fine"

when i got home i miced my amp and recorded with it on then off i found out that is does come through the amp

• Members

its from the fret

and i took it back today and he did work on the setup he told me that "the sting is going to hit and buzz but it wont come through the amp so its fine"

when i got home i miced my amp and recorded with it on then off i found out that is does come through the amp

Mmmm...If I really bang at my strings I get buzz over the amp on the lower strings but not during "normal" play. That goes for any of my guitars though. I use 10 gauge strings. What gauge strings are you using?

If the guitar was "tweaked" by the dealer and you are still having issues then you might be better of returning for a full refund if possible. Having someone else work on the guitar might void the return policy from the store you bought it from.

• Members
its from the fret

They don't know what they are doing. It can be fixed with a proper set up.

Archived