New guitar day!!!

simbasa

• Members
Very Nice!!

I've never played on a scalloped board..Is it mainly for soloing or can you chord comfortably?

*sorry for the stupid question..

Thanks to everyone. You guys are all :cool: here.

It's a little tricky because I like to dig in when playing chords so a light touch is in order but the leads come easy for me with the scallop and the string bends are so easy. The more I play it, the more I like it. It really is a well built, kickarse guitar and I absolutely love the tone of the Dimarzios.

I played a 2008 Fender American Standard the other day that was just incredible feeling but the American Vintage pups were REALLY noisy and muddy. I was thinking of getting that and putting in the Dimarzios and scalloped board but saw this on ebay for 1200 and had a chance to play it as he lived close by. Sold.

• Members
I've got a Blackmore scallop on my Strat and I love it.
:rawk:

Nice. I heard the scallops he uses are less on top for easier chords and more on the bottom. Is that right? I would love to get my hands on a Fender Blackmore model......

• Members
Thanks to everyone. You guys are all
:cool:
here.

It's a little tricky because I like to dig in when playing chords so a light touch is in order but the leads come easy for me with the scallop and the string bends are so easy. The more I play it, the more I like it. It really is a well built, kickarse guitar and I absolutely love the tone of the Dimarzios.

I played a 2008 Fender American Standard the other day that was just incredible feeling but the American Vintage pups were REALLY noisy and muddy. I was thinking of getting that and putting in the Dimarzios and scalloped board but saw this on ebay for 1200 and had a chance to play it as he lived close by. Sold.

Yep :thu: I love my 08 American Standard Strat too. It really is a beautiful player.

I love my new Lester, but there truly is something majik about a nice strat.

• Members
Nice. I heard the scallops he uses are less on top for easier chords and more on the bottom. Is that right? I would love to get my hands on a Fender Blackmore model......

yes, on the low E side of the fretboard the scallops are shallower, and deeper on the high e side... it gets progressively deeper as you go up the neck, and from the 12th fret on up, it is uniformly scalloped across the width of the board. It's very comfortable and took almost no time whatsoever to get used to playing. :thu: And like you've said, the bends and vibrato are smooth as butter.

I try to explain to people about playing on a scalloped board like this - whether you're in your regular shoes or ice skates, both will slide on the ice, but one is more efficient. :rawk:

• Members
Very Nice!!

I've never played on a scalloped board..Is it mainly for soloing or can you chord comfortably?

*sorry for the stupid question..

My question to the letter...HNGD , and please clarify , specifically bar chords , is it hard to not go sharp on chording ? And is the transition to scalloped something you have to really concentrate on ? I've been playing for years , and never touched one .

Archived