Anyone play an Eastwood Tuxedo?

Phananganang

• Members

No, but I have been pretty underwhelmed by both the Eastwoods I have bought. The pickups were pretty good on the latest one but the Burns tremolo system was useless.

I think Eastwoods are ok guitar guitars. However, I think they're generally overpriced for what you're getting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

:cool:

how do you rate them?.... i'm thinking about picking up the black one

I like them. I got them at around $800 apiece, which is more than I've spent on any of my other guitars. There are some pretty good demos on Youtube.

The only thing I can think of that might be an issue is that the Tuxedo has 19 frets. That doesn't bother me, but it might be a turn-off to some folks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

any opinions on these?

I have one and it sounds amazing. All pickup combinations have a nice sound. My other two guitars are 1960s quality archtops (one Guild, one Gibson), and this one gets very close. I play all three all the time.

The Tuxedo has a lot of personality. If you've seen the Vince Lee videos on You Tube, I can confirm that with a vintage amp you can really get those cool honking sounds with the neck pickup. The bridge pickup is also much fuller-sounding than most single coils I've tried.

It is also vey well finished, a pleasure to play and to look at. The only issue would be for someone who likes trebly solos: it has 19 frets and access to the higher notes is not too easy. That's the only - slightly - negative thing I can say about it.

Archived