Myspace + Music?

Doggers

• Members

Hey guys I have a band space for my music on myspace, but I came across two little questions...if view your own page/listen to your music on your page does it count for your counter?

And if someone adds your music to their page and their friends view their page...do views go to me? Thanks a lot.

• Members

yes the plays will go up if you listen from your own computer. page views go up everytime the page is refreshed or visited.

no, if your music is added to someone's individual playlist the plays do not increase because they are not coming directly off of your band's music player itself.

• Members

The first guy is wrong.

Plays/views from your account to your account do NOT count.

(that's a lot of "count")

They wouldn't make it so easy for some people with no life to click on their songs a million times.

Try this.

Make an account and don't tell ANYBODY about it. View your page 1,000 times. You will still be at zero in a week! ;)

I believe this is in the myspace music FAQ actually.

• Members

The first guy is wrong.

Plays/views from your account to your account do NOT count.

(that's a lot of "count")

They wouldn't make it so easy for some people with no life to click on their songs a million times.

Try this.

Make an account and don't tell ANYBODY about it. View your page 1,000 times. You will still be at zero in a week!
;)

I believe this is in the myspace music FAQ actually.

actually i'm right.

they do count, i haven't tested this theory since the launch of the flash players, when everything use to be controlled via a perl program. but, find the code for your full player. post it in a bulletin or a message. open that bulletin and/or message in numerous tabs. let the songs play through at random completely, once it has go through again and again. after about an hour you will see the plays have increased.

but the songs have to play entirely, after awhile like on purevolume, if done consistently your ip will be banned for the day. and the plays will no longer increase.

purevolume is limited to 20 total plays a day per ip, myspace, when they used perl, was around 500-700 a day per ip.

yet be aware, posting your player in bulletins is against myspace policy. so if you get caught you will either be removed from all charts, or your media will be deleted.

page views, refresh 1,000 times a day. if you pay attention they will go up.

or you can cheat and install "tabmix plus" to your firefox browser and set it to auto refresh every 5-60seconds or whatever interval you like. that's how people increase their "hits" on youtube. it will increase your views.

if you're using internet explorer you won't physically see the numbers change to do cookies or something along those lines, until after you've closed the browser and re opened it.

• Members

actually i'm right.

they do count, i haven't tested this theory since the launch of the flash players, when everything use to be controlled via a perl program. but, find the code for your full player. post it in a bulletin or a message. open that bulletin and/or message in numerous tabs. let the songs play through at random completely, once it has go through again and again. after about an hour you will see the plays have increased.

but the songs have to play entirely, after awhile like on purevolume, if done consistently your ip will be banned for the day. and the plays will no longer increase.

purevolume is limited to 20 total plays a day per ip, myspace, when they used perl, was around 500-700 a day per ip.

yet be aware, posting your player in bulletins is against myspace policy. so if you get caught you will either be removed from all charts, or your media will be deleted.

or you can cheat and install "tabmix plus" to your firefox browser and set it to auto refresh every 5-60seconds or whatever interval you like. that's how people increase their "hits" on youtube. it will increase your views.

if you're using internet explorer you won't physically see the numbers change to do cookies or something along those lines, until after you've closed the browser and re opened it.

:facepalm:

I'm not going to bother. You seem to think you have this all figured out.

email MySpace yourself, or take it from someone that has had 1,000,000+ page views and plays. (tried the bulletin thing in the past)

• Members

i was under the impression that if you are signed in to myspace and you open your own player, it DOESN'T count as a play.

what i don't understand is: how the hell can myspace keep track of plays when their {censored} player is always malfunctioning anyway?

• Members

:facepalm:

I'm not going to bother. You seem to think you have this all figured out.

email MySpace yourself, or take it from someone that has had 1,000,000+ page views and plays. (tried the bulletin thing in the past)

dude,

you had over A MILLION VIEWS!?!?!?!? i beg you for some marketing tips. PLEASE!!!

{censored}in' incredible.

- g

• Members

actually i'm right.

Oh...i just noticed this post. uh...is THIS why you have so many plays? hehehe...

I'm not trying to be a dildo here, but honestly, what's the point?

oh..and out of curiosity, where can i check out your band's work? you've piqued my interest.

• Members

Oh...i just noticed this post. uh...is THIS why you have so many plays? hehehe...

I'm not trying to be a dildo here, but honestly, what's the point?

oh..and out of curiosity, where can i check out your band's work? you've piqued my interest.

we did that for 2 weeks back in march of 2008.

we got caught posting the player in bulletins and myspace removed us from the charts. and threatened deletion of the profile. haven't done it since

yet luckily for us our fans are loyal and listen everyday.

you can check out my band here

on a side note, the views thing works... yet whats the point of inflating your views if your plays are not higher than the views? i've seen numerous bands have their views over 1million, with barely 60k in total plays... hmmm what's the point in that?

and under 10k in "friends"

i don't see it.

• Members

on a side note, the views thing works... yet whats the point of inflating your views if your plays are not higher than the views? i've seen numerous bands have their views over 1million, with barely 60k in total plays... hmmm what's the point in that?

and under 10k in "friends"

i don't see it.

you guys sound great, man. ...and that site is rocking. :) good work. you have a good machine behind you, it seems. congrats on that. add me to your mailer (bluesingroove@yahoo.com).

I agree with your point, by the way. i also don't see the point in boosting views for the sake of views. i think there are so many artists that put too much creedence in myspace, though. that's at the heart of what i can't stand about that place. it seems to have panned out for you guys, though. again. congrats.

• Members

I read this post earlier and when I was at my buddies tonight, we tested it out on his MySpace page. Looks like if you play through the songs on your own MySpace, the plays count. If you click the first song again and let the songs play through, they all count as plays. I don't think it's the cool way to go cause you're probably just shooting yourself in the foot building up inflated numbers that you can't back up come showcase time or a show where your fanbase that showed is '0' while you have 200,000 friends, 30,000 plays a day, and millions of plays ...

We used Internet Explorer for the test by the way. Maybe Firefox works differently with the flash player?

Archived