Get a job! If you live in the Nashville area.

's mel gibson

• Members

Because of the overwhelming success and demand for Gibson USA manufactured instruments, Gibson USA in Nashville, Tennessee must immediately increase the general labor and manufacturing employee base by approximately 200 people.

Gee. And here I thought the exhorbitant prices they were asking for were going to result in decreased demand....

/sarcasm

• Members

Retirement is comin' soon, and I'd like a second career but I don't want to live in Tennessee. When they open a shop in Oregon I'll be ready to apply.

I think gibson should start a factory in either georgia or southern kentucky.

Gibson chose nashville (and kamalazoo) for its low avarage income and prevalence of workers.

Southern kentucky and georgia should have a turn.

Low income, cheap land, proximity to ports...

Plus, I'd be able to drive north to georgia to check out the factory.

• Members

Don't think for a minute that Gibby didnt think about the world wide reputation that Nashville has for being "Music City USA". :poke:

Actually MC USA is LA but who cares? LA is
:facepalm:

They've been in nashville for like, a hundred years.

Was it music city back then, when they were making mandolins?

• Members

They probably pay complete crap.

60/hour is the highest paying manufacturing position. IIRC

I believe that's for setting and fretting necks. Hence the convesion to plek machines.

But the lower floor work, like soldering, buffing caps, etc probably isn't well payed

• Members

I believe that's for setting and fretting necks. Hence the convesion to plek machines.

But the lower floor work, like soldering, buffing caps, etc probably isn't well payed

Hopefully the process of migrating to the plek machines takes a while. Would be a shame if alot of jobs are lost due to that. Unfortunately that is a likely scenario.

Damn that avatar makes me hungry! I need a burger like I need a heart attack :)

• Members

Ooops, my bad. I guess I didn't do the reading. That's pretty damn good.I expected something like 10/hr.

• Members

Ooops, my bad. I guess I didn't do the reading.

That's pretty damn good.

I expected something like 10/hr.

Opening floor positions pay 15/hour, IIRC. That would be the (relatively) unskilled labor gibson seems to be looking for now, by and large. However, gibson is likely more inclined to promote within and train fret levelers, neck setters, et cetera than to look outward for already skilled laborers. It's kind of a corporate ladder deal, y'know?

• Members

Don't think for a minute that Gibby didnt think about the world wide reputation that Nashville has for being "Music City USA". :poke:

Actually MC USA is LA but who cares? LA is
:facepalm:

Having lived in both places, Nashville has a better music scene unless you're into punk or rap. Bagpipes aren't too hip in NashVegas either.

Archived