Which GFS Tele Pickups

thrice07

• Members

I just got a new MIM tele and I want to upgrade the pickups. They are a bit muddy and brash. Im going for a sound like this

Right now im running through an orange rocker 30.

I was looking at cheaper pickups like GFS because im pretty tight on cash right now. Any suggestions?

• Members

I'm not help. I have the TC's in my new XV 820. They are excellent. I have the Fatbodies in my Lite Ash Tele. Excellent. I used to have the 50's replicas in the Lite Ash. Surprisingly, they were excellent, albiet much lower output, and prone to feedback at higher gain.

I might prefer the TC's out of all of them, they probably handle higher gain the best, but the Fatbodies are beefier, and the neck is arguably more versatile being uncovered. For straight-up Tele and nothing but, the 50's are the answer.

PS, I can't view the clip at work, so I'm tlaking in general terms.

• Members

I have the Repro 60s Hot bridge and Classic neck. Both sound as described on the page. The bridge is HOT & huge...quite a bit more volume than the neck but both sound great so I haven't bothered looking for a more compatible neck pup.

• Members

I like the Fat alnico TC Bidge

With the Classic TC Alnico neck.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Fatbody pickup though.

+1 i got the Fat alnico TC bridge. Combined with a Wilkinson brass bridge, sounds a lot better than stock

• 4 weeks later...

Archived