The Pacifica riddle

Jkater

• Members

I recently noticed that Yamaha's US site no longer list any Pacific model above the 112j.Just last month,they had the higher end 412v,612v and 812v models listed for the US market.I would really like to check out a 812v.

Ed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man,being on this forum can really cost someone some money.

;)

I just picked up a mint Pacifica 612v [in orange stain top] from a Canadian seller for $292 + shipping & handling.I never had a chance to play one,but my son's sunburst Pacifica 112 [with added Duncan '59/SSL-5/SSL-5 pickups] is one sweet sounding and playing guitar,so I'm feeling pretty good about my recent purchase.

Ed

• Members
Pics?

I don't have it yet.Plus,I don't have a camera or scanner to do such.Heck,I have enough trouble just browsing the internet.Sorry,though I can maybe get one of my computer savy friends to take and post pics sometime soon.

:facepalm:

Ed

• Members

Do you have any pics of your Pacificas?

The only thing I have handy right now are pics of the 521 & the 1221. Both guitars were ebay purchases. The 521 was in mint condition. The 1221 had the bridge pickup changed from the stock Dimarzio to an Ibanez V2 for some strange reason. It was in decent shape but needed some work. No ways in collector condition but a good player. These are the pics from the actual auction listing.

-K-

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hell, I've got an 012 DLX that I've done little to and it's my only guitar at the moment. It plays better than any USA fender that I've ever put my hands on. I got it for about $60 from CL. It could stand a PU upgrade, maybe new pots. The tuners HAD to go as soon as I got it, but toher than that it's great, and it's their lowest model. I'm damn near sold on Yamaha for all my guitars now...

• Members

OMFG. How much? Are you close to the German border?

I saw one just like this on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Pacifica-1412-mint-custom-flame-top-very-rare_W0QQitemZ320277862343QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and bidding had gone up to $1835...and reserve wasn't met yet. I will sell mine for less;) This doesn't mean that it isn't in excellent condition. I haven't used it a lot because I like archtops better (for jazz) More pics here: http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo297/rono_03/

I'm from Gouda, which isn't very close to the German border. It's near Rotterdam. But a guitar like this isn't for sale that often. (only few of them were made) It might be worth the trip to come and check it out, if you like.

Maybe PM me and let me know what you think it's worth and perhaps we can make a deal.

Thanks anyway...

• Members
Pac1.jpg

I just picked up this Pacifica yesterday.

It's a 612V. Duncan JB with coil split, Grover locking tuners. Nice maple top, and it is the orange stain finish. Deluxe Ritter gig bag, and a nice leather Levy strap. $200 including shipping, and it looks like new condition.

:thu: Sweet!It looks exactly like my 612v.

Ed

Archived