why people play stats.....

fabstrat

• Members

It is a fallacy to state that Strats sound "thin". They can do all manner of tones, they are indeed very full sounding guitars. Anyone who thinks they only sound thin is mistaken.

I think that most people who say that are doing so because they are comparing them to humbucker type guitars. When I compare my LP to my Strat the Strat certainly is thinner, and no amount of tweaking or knowledge will change that...It is what it is and thats ok with me.

• Members
I think that most people who say that are doing so because they are comparing them to humbucker type guitars. When I compare my LP to my Strat the Strat certainly is thinner, and no amount of tweaking or knowledge will change that...It is what it is and thats ok with me.

You may be thinking to far into it. Perhaps these poeople don't have good gear, don't know how to use what they got and don't know how to play.:cop:

• Members

Spot on !

An undeniable and easily proven fact !

Strats are perhaps the weediest, thin, insipid sounding guitar ever made for playing rhythm.

Chords sound anaemic.

Strats are perhaps the most sonorous, soulfull, mellifluous and expressive guitar ever made for playing lead.

Single notes sing and chime.

Archived