Build quality of the MIM Fender thinlines?

Faber

• Members

I've always found them to be nice though a tad heavy on the
polyester

Corrected. :thu:

If those were finished with lacquer, I would already own one.

As for the quality, they're excellent, but made sure you look at a bunch of them. Some of them get incredibly beautiful tops, some of them get normal-looking tops.

• Members

like them. I never cared for the Poly on the necks though. Take a good look at the frets. Damn if Fender doesn't load up the poly on those fretboards. Thats the only thing I don't like about them.

BTW I haven't played one in a couple years, so Fender might have corrected that. Though its pretty much a Time Correct thing so I believe Fender does it on purpose.

You know Fender built a Standard production line Thinline in the USA in the 90's right?

• Members

like them. I never cared for the Poly on the necks though. Take a good look at the frets.
Damn if Fender doesn't load up the poly on those fretboards
. Thats the only thing I don't like about them.

BTW I haven't played one in a couple years, so Fender might have corrected that. Though its pretty much a Time Correct thing so I believe Fender does it on purpose.

You know Fender built a Standard production line Thinline in the USA in the 90's right?

Ain't that the truth - My 03 US standard tha I bought used but pretty much unused had it from the 13 fret up - totally covered in it. Nothing I couldn't remove scaping with a thick pick, but still.

didn't know bout the US ones - have to watch the classifieds. Thanks

Archived