Keyboard amp connected to Guitar amp

prauny

• Members

I have a Keyboard amp which as far as i know adds no colour to the sound of any instrument connected to it, so i used it when playing through my digitech RP80 to get a true tone through it.

My question is this, would it be right to think that connecting it to the emulated line out on my guitar amp would essentially turn it into a cab for said guitar amp? I would plug the emulated line out from my guitar amp into the keyboard jack on the keyboard amp.

In case you want details, the guitar amp is a MG100DFX and the Keyboard amp is a Realistic X-50 Combo Amp.

Right, im going out to work now so i hope thats enough details. Cheers in advance for any advice :thu:

• Members

Sounds rather complicated. Why not run the Digitech straight into the keyboard amp?

It's not to play the pedal through, it's to get a better sound with two amps. So, is it how I supposed? Can I link them without damaging the amps?

• Members

You want to find a line-level input on the keyboard amp. The line out from the Marshall is (I assume) a 2-watt, line-level signal; not a .5 watt instrument-level signal. So it may be too hot for the normal input. So, you would want to see if there is a line-level input, a Line In, or an effects loop return on the keyboard amp.

What you are doing to slaving the keyboard amp to the guitar amp.

You may find the speaker in the keyboard amp to be a little bland for guitar, but if you're mixing it with the Marshall it may be a good contrast.

• Members

You want to find a line-level input on the keyboard amp. The line out from the Marshall is (I assume) a 2-watt, line-level signal; not a .5 watt instrument-level signal. So it may be too hot for the normal input. So, you would want to see if there is a line-level input, a Line In, or an effects loop return on the keyboard amp.

What you are doing to
slaving
the keyboard amp to the guitar amp.

You may find the speaker in the keyboard amp to be a little bland for guitar, but if you're mixing it with the Marshall it may be a good contrast.

OK, All I have on the keyboard amp is Keyboard in and Mic in. The Marshall has an output on the back for effects loop.

• Members
It's not to play the pedal through, it's to get a better sound with two amps. So, is it how I supposed? Can I link them without damaging the amps?

How about one good amp instead of two crappy ones? :idea:

Best case the keyboard amp will make it louder. I don't see how it will make it sound better.

Archived