Question about ESP KH 202 & 602

Ouzhewen

• Members

Greetings all!

I am curious if anyone out there could help me. What are the major differences between the ESP KH 202 and the KH 602? I know the 202 has the basswood body, ESP Floyd Rose license, and ESP H pickups while the 602 has the Alder body, Original Floyd Rose, and EMG 81s. But are there anymore differences between the two? If I purchased the KH 202 and added the Original Floyd Rose and EMG 81s myself, would I have a great guitar equal to the 602 but at a cost savings of 200 to 300 dollars. Is this the reality or am I missing something that justifies the $1100 price tag of the KH 602? Also, what is the difference between the Basswood and Alder bodies?

I am an acoustical guitar player looking at purchasing an ESP series. I am only interested in the above 2 guitars and would greatly appreciate it if you could share your wisdom/experience with me. Thanks.

• Members

602 has neck-thru body kh202 is a bolt on.KH602 can be had on the bay for about $600 used.Basswood and alder are very similar from what I know of them.Bright sounding wood

Is one necessarily better than the other? Is neck through-the-body better?

Thanks..

• Members

I'm pretty sure the 600's build quality is many notches higher than the 200. I would definitely go for the 602 as 200 series of the guitars tend me be very entry level. The 602 will play and sound a lot better, and stay in tune way better to because of floyd rose.

Archived