Strat Plus vs American HSS Deluxe

murky69nz

• Members

Hi yall

Looking for a strat, and at the price range I'm looking at, I need to decide whether to go for a used Fender US Strat Plus (the later model with the thinner roller nut) or a used earlier Fender US Deluxe HSS.

Seems to me that ignoring the pickups there may not be too much difference between the two (roller nut, locking tuners, same trem etc)?

What would you guys get? I'm going to replace the pickups, so the most important thing for me is the way the guitar feels - I like my frets bigger and my neck nice and chunky. Someone mentioned that the Strat Plus's have quite a thin profile?

Thanks

• Members

The USA Deluxe has the current "original contour body" which is more rounded on the edges and less square than the older USA Standard and Strat Plus. Pickups are always a matter of personal taste. The other thing I prefer on the USA Deluxe is the rounded heal on the neck plate and also the nice abalone dots. Some also have the LSR roller nuts like the Strat plus guitars had albeit the more modern version.

So for my money its USA Deluxe all the way!!! ....and did I not mention the S1 switch? The more I think of this its a no brainer.

• Members

mmmmmm....anyone know where I can get the neck thickness dimensions for a strat plus?

Tried a new Beck strat today, and really liked the fat neck....the Deluxe by comparison seemed a little edgy - even v shaped - teh salesman insisted it wasn't a v neck, but I suspect it may have been...

• Members

Current Am Dlx's also have the samarium cobalt noiseless pups, teh S1 switching, rounded fretboard edges to give that "broken-in" feel and the neck back shape is different. A standard plus dont have these features. Some people don't like these "modern" features on the dlx's but I love 'em, including the pups and the S1. The necks on the dlx's is the most comfortable of all Fender necks IMHO. Great guitars the dlx's.

• Members

Hi yall

Looking for a strat, and at the price range I'm looking at, I need to decide whether to go for a used Fender US Strat Plus (the later model with the thinner roller nut) or a used earlier Fender US Deluxe HSS.

Seems to me that ignoring the pickups there may not be too much difference between the two (roller nut, locking tuners, same trem etc)?

What would you guys get? I'm going to replace the pickups, so the most important thing for me is the way the guitar feels - I like my frets bigger and my neck nice and chunky. Someone mentioned that the Strat Plus's have quite a thin profile?

Thanks

Build a Warmoth strat.

Archived