Marshall BluesBreaker pedal

prauny

• Members
Keeping it is a good idea. I sold off my Univox Super Fuzz when they were all over the place for $50....Cripes...now they go for $300 and up. Can't bring myself to pay that much coin...Lesson learned for sure.
:)

Univox, not many remember them. But the Marshalls? I still them around and priced well. They are popular here as is the Guvoner and I see both used at Daddys Junkie Music from time to time. Theres a first and second edition. I was just fooling with a First Edition their. I think it was $69 used. Not terribly high?

• Members

Univox, not many remember them. But the Marshalls? I still them around and priced well. They are popular here as is the Guvoner and I see both used at Daddys Junkie Music from time to time. Theres a first and second edition. I was just fooling with a First Edition their. I think it was $69 used. Not terribly high?

I bought the Gov'ner plus at Daddy's for about $70 used.

• Members

That's nice price!

• Members

wow, I was searching the forum for opinions on this pedal just some hours ago.

how would you guys compare it to a box of rock, for example? does it get that JTM 45 tone or is it something else?

I have an original version, still in the box. It's a fine pedal, but the gain level is very low. I really wish it had a little more gain to give, I would imagine it's better into an already slightly overdriven amp. Since I play clean Fender amps, it might not be the best choice for me.

I'd like to find out about one of those DIY clone type pedals of this, maybe it could be made to sound the same but with more overdrive/gain. But it is an excellent sounding pedal, that's for sure.

I've never compared it to the newer re-issue pedals.

• Members

Those original Marshall Blues Breakers are supposed to be one of the sweetest sounding OD's ever made by Marshall. The new ones are just cheap.

I have an Analogman King Of Tone which is based upon the original MBB circuit with a few high grade tweaks. It's actually 2 OD's in one case and is true bypass. Also, according to Analog Mike, the KOT sounds different than an original MBB because it has different capacitors, chips, and diodes, plus some different resistors too.

It's a great OD. I've sold a bunch of my dirt pedals since getting it because it covers so much ground while staying transparent.

• Members

This is the first I've ordered form them....I'll definitely be posting results when I got it together.....I've built a BYOC OD but only used the ckt bd(sourced my own parts)..... GGG seems to be much cheaper costwise than BYOC...enough so that it didn't make any sense to source the parts myself. The whole kit was only $50 on sale. I got a DOD 250 kit at the same time......both kits for $100 couldn't be beat.

ps the Marshall BB is a version 1 clone ...not the version 2......

Thanks for this. I haven't soldered anything since junior high school, but this may be well worth a project. Looking forward to your results.

Archived