Fender Jazzmaster Switches

Taylor704

• Members

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the hell the switches on the body of a Jazzmaster do? I can't find anything using the search button and i can't fathom what the switches on the Jazzmaster do, let alone the Mustang or the Jaguar.

Any help is much appreciated :)

• Members

The toggle switch selects the neck, bridge or both pickups just like on other types of guitars. The slide switch switches to the neck pickup regardless of how the toggle switch is set, but the difference here is that the regular volume and tone control are switched out and the volume and tone just under the slide switch are what then control the volume and tone.

• Members

Jazzmater: The toggle switch is for selecting between the neck and bridge pickup, or both. The two way on the top switches to "rhythm mode," which only uses the neck pickup and whatever tone and volume you set from the rollers on top.

Mustang: Two on/off/out of phase pickup selectors. You can select each pickup to be on, off, or both, but either parallel or out of phase.

Jaguar: Same as Jazzmaster, except each pickup has it's own on/off switch (instead of the toggle), and there's also a low-pass filter, which makes the guitar sound more trebly. Also, on the new HH Jaguar, the top control are a pickup split/blending system.

Archived