Any Fender Jim Root Telecaster owners around?

lewzer

• Members

HC, I'm thinking about getting myself a new guitar pretty soon and I stumbled across this one:

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0134444780

I've always loved the feel of a telecaster, and I know this one won't feel like a 'proper' telecaster, but I think tele body/neck would make a great guitar regardless of the bridge and pickups. My biggest concern is the weight.

Does anyone have experience with these guitars? Does the mahogany body make it really heavy?

• Members

never played one but they look really interesting.

Do you play metal ? if not it might not be the guitar for you

I play some metal. I don't like Slipknot or Stone Sour, but I grew up playing Metallica and I love bands like COC, Down, Mastodon and Queens of the Stone Age. I also love alot of 70s hard rock, like Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath and Queen. I know I can basically get any tele and put a stacked humbucker in the bridge position, but it wouldn't have the ebony board/jumbo fret neck the Jim Root tele has, which is why I'm so interested in that one.

• Members

Great guitars for metal. The neck on mine is perfect. Not way fat but nice and chunky feel. I also really like the satin finish on both the neck and the body. I have the white with the ebony board.

Thanks for the info. How heavy is it overall?

Archived