What did I do to my humbucker?

Picktrade

• Members

Let me start by saying I don't know much about the inner workings of a guitar. In spite of this, last night I wanted to determine what kind of pickups were in an old SG of mine. I've always known they weren't the original pickups and wanted to find out if they were even Gibson pickups or what they actually were. So, I removed the 4 corner screws holding the bridge pickup in and carefully lifted it out. I could basically only turn it up as there wasn't much wire. It said Gibson USA on the bottom. The pickup had a cover on it, and I was curious to see the actual pickup. I noticed 4 little screws on the bottom of the pickup, so I took them out, thinking the cover would then come off. It did not, so I put the 4 little screws back in and screwed the pickup back into the body. For the hell of it, I turned the guitar over and removed the cover just to take a look. There is a coil tap switch that never seemed to do anything. It doesn't look like there are any wires attached to it, so I'm not sure what's going on with that?

Anyway, the bridge pickup no longer works. What did I do? Any ideas?

Archived