Amp question-

Delta0311

• Members

Ok the Amp forum yea its a little much so i figured I'd start here.

My buddy bought a Mesa Roadster had it for a few days and spilled a cola type beverage on it and it went into the chasey he shut the amp down and hasnt touched it-- he has since been "saved" and no longer wants to play music any more-- :idk:

anyways my question is if you get liquid into an amp shut it down-- and allow everything to dry out shouldnt the amp be workable or what?? I am gonna call mesa in a day or two to see there take on it-- but I know shipping and repair cost is gonna be a bitch.

I am thinking of being a good friend and taking the amp off of him and putting it to use- so if any of your Amp scientist on hear could give me a little insight that would be great!

Mods-- if you feel the need to delete this that is fine -- I just would rather ask a group of mature folks a question like this! thanks!!!

• Members

If it was soda of some sort, I'd clean it up. It dries and leaves a residue behind that might be bad. Bring it in for a cleaning...get the crap out of it...otherwise you're just looking for trouble.

It's an expensive amp in the first place, no need to make it an expensive repair when you blow something up because you were too cheap to bring it in to get looked at. Mesa is going to tell you the same thing...better be safe than sorry.

• Members

So God doesn't want him to play music, or just the devil's music?
:o

Play Highway to Hell on it every night. :thu:

You could (CAREFULLY!!!!!) clean it up with some denatured alcohol, but I'd recommend discharging the caps first.

I once used that method to ressurect a cordless phone that had been all but dunked in Seven&7, and it worked fine for years.

• Members

I was just seeing if there was a poor mans way outta this -- but I'd rather spend the little but of money to fix this type of problem rather than having to fix crap blowing up on me--

yes it is a Roadster head-- he paid 15 for it so I'll definatley low ball it - and play Hellz Bellz on it for sure-- too bad too he's an amazing guitar player-- but oh well!

• Members

yea he bought it used it was 2500 for the whole deal he initially bought a Orange Rocker-verb didnt have enough gan went to return it the guy wouldnt but gave him in store credit-- so he scooped the used roadster with cab deal-- still has tags - original buy bought it and it was too much --

but anwyays I called Mesa today they said it could be a 100 dollar fix of a 400 dollar fix depending-- of course not much they can tell me when they cant even see the amp.

• Members

Take it to your local Mesa AUTHORIZED Repair center. ASk mesa which one is closest to you. Drop it off. Pick it up. ROCK THE {censored} OUT!!!

As for your friend being saved. The only thing he was saved of is a life full of enjoyment playing music. If being saved mean you cant play the guitar then screw that religion.

good luck.

Archived