Considering modding my Peavey Raptor

Shenaniganizer

• Members

Thank you, cratz. :love:

Well, the hardtail option was cheaper, which is why I wanted to go for it.

And I love Paul Gilbert, so he influenced me to think hardtail fixed bridges were cool. So I think they're way badass. :p

I'm getting all of my parts from Guitarfetish, too. Besides the pup.

So, which trem would you recommend I buy from G-fetish?

Or shall I get these?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/sosttrblfima.html

http://store.guitarfetish.com/upststsafitr.html

As for the pup, I'm kinda going for both. I wanted to use the Raptor for my soloing/noodlin' guitar, maybe even for a couple of metalz jamz with my band. So that's why I was thinking the X2N, but I was worried it might just be too br00tal for anything besides.. teh br00talz.

I tried the Evo set in my Kelly - I dunno, I liked them, but at the same time, I didn't. The bridge pup was pretty metal, but seemed a bit muddy, and while the neck pup did some sweet leads, it sounded kinda ice pick-y. I didn't try much for the cleans, because at the time, I didn't do much tweaking of the amp settings or volume control, I just switched straight to neck and the clean channel, which of course, sounded like {censored}.

And I forgot to mention, I'll be throwing in a 500k push-pull pot for coil splitting, so I'm not limited to just the humbucker.

I'm considering a few DiMarzios, just having trouble deciding on one.

• 12 years later...
  • Members

Hi mate the body of your guitar should be poplar which is excellent for strat type guitars.

Just change the nut to a bone one

Suggest you have it done by a luthier.

Pickups for this guitar?

Well I would plump for Artec Giovanni

S1s they are as good as Fender C69s

You will not be able to put the guitar down

Its sounds so good!

Hendrix all day long!

Have fun!

Pan.

Archived