Anyone ever used a Korg AX1500g?

geirbiscohn

• Members

I myself play through a POD XTL most of the time but my teenage sister is learning guitar and playing with the church youth group's band. I have the opportunity to pick one of these up for $75 and just curious if anyone's ever used one or know how it sounds.

I figure for $75 its no big deal if it's not the greatest. Just something to learn about effects and different sounds and whatnot

Thanks!

• Members

I myself play through a POD XTL most of the time but my teenage sister is learning guitar and playing with the church youth group's band. I have the opportunity to pick one of these up for $75 and just curious if anyone's ever used one or know how it sounds.

I figure for $75 its no big deal if it's not the greatest. Just something to learn about effects and different sounds and whatnot

Thanks!

Yeah, I have one, it is well worth $75. In fact, when I got my AX3000g I though that I would get rid of the 1500, but the 3000 doesn't have the phrase trainer. One thing you should definetely do if you get it, however is download the manual from Korg's site and READ it. I don't use the presets much and to get the most out of it, you really need to read the manual.

Here's a free tip, if you use the cabinets, make sure to tweak the "air" knob. :thu:

• Members

It's a great unit, nice solid metal construction as well. The "A/B channel" switching is a great feature, lets you have footswitchable clean/dirty, or electric/acoustic, within the same patch. The effects are good. My main complaint is that compression is treated as an amp model and not an effect, I would prefer a compressor that could be used with any amp model. $75 is a great price, you will make money if you decide to sell it.

• Members

I like mine as a nice headphone quiet practice model. The presets aren't great, the reverb leaves something to be desired, and if you're not careful the eq on the amp sims can take your head off.

Now that I'm done with the negatives, the positives are the amp sims sound pretty good, the cabnet selection sounds diverse, the modulation effects are actually pretty good, and the phrase trainer is quiet useful (if limited at 7 seconds of recording time). The looper for recording yourself max's out at 8 seconds. I leave mine in the pedal loop full time because I don't have a dedicate tuner pedal and have a "blank" preset with only the volume pedal enabled for when I want to use my other pedals.

I like it, and I think I paid about $80 on eBay a year ago. A nice little multi-effects unit, and the suggestion to read the manual is spot on.

• Members

I actually sold mine(replaced it with a Vox AD30VT and some software modellers) but I loved it when I had it. The presets were mostly awful but it's very easy to tweak. The cab sims are very good, I used to record with them and it's built like a tank. Highly recommended :thu:

• Members

$75 is a great deal for one of those. In case you didn't know, Korg and Vox use the same REMS preamp modeling. The Vox adds the Valve Reactor circuit which is marketed to better mimmick the feedback loop (or lack of) and speaker load of the different amps. If you want a Tonelab on the cheap, you'll get most of the way there with a Korg AX processor.

• Members

for $75.00 , get it...I've got one on the craigslist right now , I'm gonna pull it and keep it....only reason I'm trying to sell it is I'm POD X3L now,and haven't touched it in over a year..good little unit,and I've decided to keep it as a back-up.And craigslist is populated by poor people with internet access and no common sense,and no, "I DON'T WANT TO TRADE FOR TWO LAWNMOWERS TAKEN APART IN BOXES AND SOME CB RADIO EQUIPMENT"!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::facepalm::mad::soapbox:

Archived