rg1570 clean clip (video)

Alchemist

• Members
That sounded pretty good. Definitely a far nicer clean tone than the RG3120 I used to have which had a PAF Pro in the neck.

It sounds even better through my Dr. Z's now that I've tried it.... very nice jazzy tone.... still have to balance the pickup heights though, going to do that later today....

thinking this may just push me to sell my G&L now :o

I changed the pickups... I have a Duncan Jazz in the bridge, Fender Vintage Noiseless in the middle, and a DiMarzio bluesbucker in the neck.... it sounds awesome
:)

That's a very cool pickup setup!

The combo of the bluesbucker on the Ibby is awfully sweet. Sounds like it could travel from blues to jazz effortlessly. Nice snap and pop while still retaining tonal sweetness.

I'm always amazed at how good different combination's of pickups and guitar sound. It's not necessarily what I would have thought off when I went looking for that tone but there it is!!

Nice playing as always!

• Members

no its not lacking.... I just want to try some new stuff.... I play my Dr. Z's mostly, and I will be getting another Dr Z in the near future anyway... and then get something higher gain for when the need comes, probably a Soldano avenger or so....

• Members

well ultimately I think its a great amp, very good balance of a nice clean channel, good loop, good dirty channel and nice boost.... I think its worth keeping, and if I get a good tax refund, as well as a bonus sometime around May... I will probably not sell it.....

Archived