Teles... HWY1 or Thinline?

Midcitysaint

• Members

I think you could do pretty good with both, but the buckers in the thinline will get the job done a little easier.

You got me thinking, how sweet would it be for fender to release a thinline Highway one?

You know with the satin finish... and reasonable price tag?

• Members
I think you could do pretty good with both, but the buckers in the thinline will get the job done a little easier.

You got me thinking, how sweet would it be for fender to release a thinline Highway one?

You know with the satin finish... and reasonable price tag?

That would be really nice, but Fender and reasonable price tags parted ways on Feb 1.:cry: I agree about thinlines-mine's homemade but one of my favorite guitars.

• Members

I'd go with the Highway 1. More Rock n Roll was done with sc's in Fenders than hb's. While Seth Lover designed the Fender 'bucker (that boy got around), he had to avoid stepping on Gibson's patent, so he made the Fender one like a P-Bass, one coil for the bottom strings, and one for the top ones. I have never really gotten along with them, they don't have the fullness of a Gibson, or the bite of a Fender. Do some rhythm tracks with a Tele sc bridge pickup, and you will see the light.

• Members
That would be really nice, but Fender and reasonable price tags parted ways on Feb 1.
:cry:
I agree about thinlines-mine's homemade but one of my favorite guitars.

Well, the highways are more reasonable than any of the other american model, as far as I know.

I've been gassing for a thinline for a long time, but I am not that interested in spending 750-800 dollars on a mexican fender, kind of defeats the purpose.

They do sound sweet and the MIM thinlines kick all kinds of ass. I want the single coil model though

Archived