My Dano '63 Baritone is FINALLY arriving tomorrow. I think I am possibly excited!

GAS Man

• Members

I actually ordered this 0.5 years ago (8/14). And they kept moving out the availability date over and over again. :rolleyes::bor:

But WAKEUP! :eek: They are finally in stock and mine's arriving tomorrow.

Spaghetti Western Themes, here I come! :thu:

I went with the red.

565049.jpg

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Dano-63-Baritone-Electric-Guitar?sku=516114&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=199387220

Here's some dudes beatin on theirs.

Please lay down on side to watch this one. :freak:

[YOUTUBE]YQNLtMtXxvc[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, I only found that one '63 Bari vid, but watch this Dano vid anyway, it's cool. :cool:

[YOUTUBE]HPX29jU7lMM&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, it's been a while since I've been excited about a "cheapie" coming in the mail. Hope I'll be pleased, but I think I will be.

$269 (+ tax :cry:) + a cool vibe usually = :D for me.

Like low $ buyer's remorse, low worries for dings and bings, usually equals geetar fun. :wave:

• Members

My last love was a beautiful sweet yellow lab. Very much like my child as well. He's been gone for 3 years now and I still miss him dearly.

So how's the Dano sound. Do they have the same pups as the 56 pros?

Well, so far, I'm mostly flying blind other than watching some demo vids. I have a '56 Pro, and I gather that these '63 RIs are not up to quite the same quality, but I decided that for the price it was worth the trial run.

Fellow forumite "Highway '61" reported on these and said he like the Baritone version better than the regular model. He was a bit unimpressed with the line in general. He's a bit of an aficionado of Dano's I gather. But I also have a Jaguar Baritone Custom that was actually designed to be a short scale bass (E - E). I converted it to a B-B tuned baritone, but it still didn't have the "twang quality" I was searching for in a baritone. So if this works out, the Jaguar might go up for sale.

• Members

That's the one model I haven't played.

And I wasn't sure if it was just a body variant or a totally different type.

So it sounds like a totally different bird.

You play in church right? Are you planning on using it there or is it just a guilty pleasure?

• Members

That's the one model I haven't played.

And I wasn't sure if it was just a body variant or a totally different type.

So it sounds like a totally different bird.

You play in church right? Are you planning on using it there or is it just a guilty pleasure?

Nope, don't play out.

I got the impression that these '63s were just a little bit of a cheaper grade construction than the '56 Pro. But since that's part of the magic of a Dano, it didn't dissuade me from risking this order. I'll post a review of its sounds when it arrives.

• Members

Nope, don't play out.

I got the impression that these '63s were just a little bit of a cheaper grade construction than the '56 Pro. But since that's part of the magic of a Dano, it didn't dissuade me from risking this order. I'll post a review of its sounds when it arrives.

Cool. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

Yeah, the cheap side of their construction is the draw to them.

Archived