Jet City JCA-100H schematic?

MetalHed

• Members

Does anyone have a schematic for these? I recently swapped my Carvin Legacy for Guitarbilly's JCA-100H. I emailed them about getting the depth mod installed and they directed me to Soldano to perform the mod. I'm not really looking to pay through the nose (ie. Soldano's charges, shipping both directions) for something that's relatively simple, but wouldn't be comfortable trying it (there are generic directions available on the net) without knowing my way around the board, hence my desire for a schematic.

I emailed JetCity back about forwarding a copy and never heard back. Anyone ever track one down?

• Members

Thanks Billy!
:thu:

No problem. I am pretty sure I have the schematic in my home computer so I will email it to you later. But PM Olaf for the depth mod instructions and schematics, he's done a lot of work in the JCA100H. He actually has a another cool mod that adds a switch to drop the gain on the crunch channel so you can have a real clean tone and the crunch at a flick of a switch and I think he also has a front panel channel select switch mod. He's definitely the guy to talk to for JCA100 mods.

• Members

Also if you can, wait until you have the chance to really open up this amp before you decide if you want to do the mod. This amp gets WAY thicker with volume. I personally never felt the need to mod (still don't on my 50w) for loud playing.

For low volume playing I just lower the presence a lot or it can sound tiny. But once you open it up, it's a whole new ball game.

• Members

Also if you can, wait until you have the chance to really open up this amp before you decide if you want to do the mod. This amp gets WAY thicker with volume. I personally never felt the need to mod (still don't on my 50w) for loud playing.

For low volume playing I just lower the presence a lot or it can sound tiny. But once you open it up, it's a whole new ball game.

^ This. Have you had the chance to crank the 100 yet? I am newer to Jet City than Billy is, but so far I am enjoying the native 50H and I still have yet to adjust the factory bias. I suspect your bias was already adjusted before shipment?

• Members

^ This. Have you had the chance to crank the 100 yet? I am newer to Jet City than Billy is, but so far I am enjoying the native 50H and I still have yet to adjust the factory bias. I suspect your bias was already adjusted before shipment?

Yes he bought the 100w from me and I did adjust bias before I shipped it :)

• Members

I've only had my JCA100's Overdrive volume up to 3 max. Haven't noticed much difference in the sound from slightly-more-than-bedroom volume to 3, but I notice the difference in how the speakers react to being pushed more than the amp opening up. I'm dying to let it rip this weekend at band practice!

• Members

I've only had my JCA100's Overdrive volume up to 3 max. Haven't noticed much difference in the sound from slightly-more-than-bedroom volume to 3, but I notice the difference in how the speakers react to being pushed more than the amp opening up. I'm dying to let it rip this weekend at band practice!

once you're past 5 it's a different amp, trust me.

And it's :love:

• Members

You can find a HotRod Plus schematic on schematicheaven. It is 99% the same for the JCA100H. Let me know if you have difficulties to get it.

jcaerstemods.jpg

Here you can see the depth mod - replace the wire between the board and the 4 Ohm speaker out with a 100nF/250V-630V cap (yellow) and drill a hole for a 16mm Alpha pot (or use one of the speaker outs you will never use like the second 4 Ohm out). Amp flipped, pots facing you, solder a 4n7 cap (250V or more) to the left of the pot and its middle. Solder the 100nF (the yellow) also to the left. Then solder a new wire from the middle of the pot to where the old wire was (board--> 4 Ohm out).

Thats all.

You can use 250k-1M log pots and alternatively to 4n7 also a 2n2 cap.

• Members

You can find a HotRod Plus schematic on schematicheaven. It is 99% the same for the JCA100H. Let me know if you have difficulties to get it.

jcaerstemods.jpg
Here you can see the depth mod - replace the wire between the board and the 4 Ohm speaker out with a 100nF/250V-630V cap (yellow) and drill a hole for a 16mm Alpha pot (or use one of the speaker outs you will never use like the second 4 Ohm out). Amp flipped, pots facing you, solder a 4n7 cap (250V or more) to the left of the pot and its middle. Solder the 100nF (the yellow) also to the left. Then solder a new wire from the middle of the pot to where the old wire was (board--> 4 Ohm out).

Thats all.

You can use 250k-1M log pots and alternatively to 4n7 also a 2n2 cap.

Can you do this mod to the 50 watt version?

• Members

Thanks for all of the help guys!

I was able to track down the schematic for the HR100, the only problem is that is only shows the values for each resistor/capacator, but they aren't numbered. So, how do I know what resistors on the board correspond to said resistors on the schematic? I'm sure a smarter person could figure it out, but I'm pretty stupid. Does anyone have a way for me to bridge the retardation gap that I'm up against?

I'm specifically looking to do the Depth mod, but also wouldn't mind tinkering with the preamp circuit as well, so that's why I'm looking for specifics beyond just the depth mod.

• 3 years later...

Archived