Does our singer suit the music/band?

cloudhead

• Members

Its hard to say...the music over powes him but vocally he had moments that are real good but also some spots where he sounds a little out of sync or unable to have that badass sound you want for this style.

• Moderators

IMO, he sounds like a good and capable singer. And good singers are not always easy to come by.

I think the singer sounds perfectly fine with the band. A lot of bands out there might not know, but sometimes the band needs make 'adjustments' to accommodate the singer. Sometimes the instrumentalists need to 'hold back' a bit sometimes so that the singer can shine through.

• Members

I always thought it was the bands job to support the singers...whether its one guy or the whole band. So in this case the players were more concerned about the bands sound instead of making the vocal the main gig. I think if that becomes the main focus it all starts coming together. Of course this assumes you have singers that are good enough...but it still should be the main focus til you get your solo or the band does.

Archived