Dream set up or a no no?

• Members

Hey guys!

I've been using my PODXT Pro, Marshall 20/20 power amp and Marshall 1936 cab for a while now and even with some reliability issues with the power amp it's been a great lightweight setup.

I was just wondering what you guys think to a Triaxis, Mesa 20/20 and 1u effects unit setup (possibly TC elec or Rocktron)?

Is that a good combo? Does anyone own the setup already? Are there any issues with that combo? Will it still be a light weight affair?

So many questions!

Cheers

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by schecterboy

Hey guys!

I've been using my PODXT Pro, Marshall 20/20 power amp and Marshall 1936 cab for a while now and even with some reliability issues with the power amp it's been a great lightweight setup.

I was just wondering what you guys think to a Triaxis, Mesa 20/20 and 1u effects unit setup (possibly TC elec or Rocktron)?

Is that a good combo? Does anyone own the setup already? Are there any issues with that combo? Will it still be a light weight affair?

So many questions!

Cheers

:thu:

That would be a monster little set up. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Just a thougt. You will not get maximuim benifit of your Triaxis without a 2:90. Neither the 2:50 or 20/20 have the half-drive, deep and modern modes (the recto 2:100 only has modern mode). It will still sound good, but not as good as it could. I think the extra rack space and money is well worth the flexability it will give you since you are going to the effort and expendature that you are. That said, if your main concern is weight, go for it. You can't go wrong with boogie power amps.

Archived