HOW TO USE MIDI FOOTPEDAL TO CONTROL CHAUVET LEDs,SWARM AND ELIMINATOR DIMMER PACK

okysamurai

• Members

Hey everyone I've just registered to this site because I hear I could get great help and feedback from you guys.

So I have a Chauvet Obey 70. It's a nice easy-to-use board when your budget is literally below $300. I've also got my pair of Chauvet products, such as the LED Splash Jr./Swarm LED and dimmer packs with mini strobes and Pars 56,38.

I want to have this system be controlled by a MIDI footpedal. The Obey 70 is MIDI

compatible, and I've never worked with MIDI before. I also don't know anything about sound. And my question was how to set up the footpedal to my lighting system.

I know it's possible but just don't know how to accomplish that, do I just connect the pedal to the back of the board and program it to send the notes? How would I program this? My board manual doesn't help at all....or is there more to it?

Any help on how to do this would be amazing!

• Members

Nice so do you know how I would program these footpedals to my Obey 70? I keep reading the very small section on the manual of my board about MIDI but it does not tell me how to do it exactly. So I am completely lost how to get the MIDI notes to activate the scenes I've already programmed.

I've looked into these pedals and they're features, still cannot understand what it all means lol Now the Behringer costs about $150. Compared to the Roland which costs no less than $400. Why the big difference? My gut tells me I should go with the Roland but I could be wrong I don't know anything about MIDI.

The whole purpose for me to get a MIDI footpedal would be to activate the the scenes already programmed in my board.

• Members

OK it works like this . You add the midi "channel" that you want the obey 70 to respond to. The controller sends a "midi note" on that channel.

So you need a foot controller that will send a midi note on the channel you selected on your lightiing controller.

Either of those controllers mentioned above will work.

If you dont really know about midi then I would suggest the Roland unit,it will probably be pretty close out of the box.

The Behringer (which I have and use) takes a bit of patience but is a great value if you add the upgrade chip to it ,it will do anything.

Archived