Running Mono

• Members

OK, So I realize that for a live cover band in a bar type situation the consensus is there is no need to go stereo. So I must ask whats the right way to set up my pa. I have WixWiz L -R -> crossover-> prx subs and GNX5 ->15' mains. Everything is panned center. SAhould I be wiring this differently. Also FYI we tried piggy backing the subs off each other before, much less bass for some reason. Just looking for some pointers, thanks.

• Members
OK, So I realize that for a live cover band in a bar type situation the consensus is there is no need to go stereo.

I do like to keep the mains in stereo for the stereo reverb or other effects and whatever stereo effects the keys might have built in. Also for the canned music before and in between sets :).

• Members

Agreed, the effects and keys are kept in stereo. Everything else is panned to the center.

What specifically did you do when you "piggy backed" the subs together. (i.e. connection changes, physical placement, etc.)

• Members

Agreed, the effects and keys are kept in stereo. Everything else is panned to the center.

What specifically did you do when you "piggy backed" the subs together. (i.e. connection changes, physical placement, etc.)

Xover -> left sub -> right sub

• Members

Xover -> left sub -> right sub

Do you mean xover->ampchan1->sub1->sub2

or xover->ampchan1->sub1

....xover->ampchan2->sub2

Generally the first example (what I expect you mean) will give you a bit (hardly noticeable) less wattage. For instance a QSC RMX2450 yields 750 into a 4ohm load. In example 1, each sub would get half the 750watts or 375 each.

In example 2, with the same amp, each channel would get 500watts (amp rating into 8ohms).

• Members

Do you mean xover->ampchan1->sub1->sub2

or xover->ampchan1->sub1

....xover->ampchan2->sub2

Generally the first example (what I expect you mean) will give you a bit (hardly noticeable) less wattage. For instance a QSC RMX2450 yields 750 into a 4ohm load. In example 1, each sub would get half the 750watts or 375 each.

In example 2, with the same amp, each channel would get 500watts (amp rating into 8ohms).

SUBS are active so currently

xover->sub1

xover->->sub2

gives me much more output than xover->sub1->sub2

• Members

SUBS are active so currently

xover->sub1

xover->->sub2

gives me much more output than xover->sub1->sub2

Ok..gotcha...I now see in your orignal post that you have PRX subs..active by definition.:facepalm:

Archived