Yamaha DXS15

• Members

G,day to all, got some great advice in the past from people on this forum and purchased 2 JBL PRX618XLF's , needless to say absolutely fantastic!. Now I'm in another band but not in a position to purchase these again, they were bought from me by the other members, as I wont need something that big now. I am looking at the new yamaha DSX15 but cant find much info on here about them. I know they wont compare to the JBL subs I sold but are they any good? Just looking to add a bit more bottom end to our sound, we play mainly indoors in small to medium venues and not really loud. Any advice at all will be appreciated!

• Members

Jules@52 wrote:

G,day to all, got some great advice in the past from people on this forum and purchased 2 JBL PRX618XLF's , needless to say absolutely fantastic!. Now I'm in another band but not in a position to purchase these again, they were bought from me by the other members, as I wont need something that big now. I am looking at the new yamaha DSX15 but cant find much info on here about them. I know they wont compare to the JBL subs I sold but are they any good? Just looking to add a bit more bottom end to our sound, we play mainly indoors in small to medium venues and not really loud. Any advice at all will be appreciated!

I own a pair of DXS12s and find their performance fantastic for such affordable subs. Their extension is excellent for 12" woofers and the processing is super - as the limit light is difficult to trigger. I previously owned Yorkville's LS720P, and although the sound quality of the DXS is not quite as musical as the LS720P, the 12" Yamaha hits as hard as the 15" Yorkville - so i'm happy.(the cabinets are actually the same size so this likely helps the 12) Only complaints are the finish - which is very susceptible to damage/scratches and the only soud mode that makes these sound like true subs is the X-TENDED LF setting. Other that that, the price is outstanding and the warranty is awesome as well.

Al

Archived