My first show tonight

gearo999

• Members

The big day is finally here. I have been rocking with my band for 20 months and I'm going it alone. I have been taking singing lessons since March to get my voice up to speed. I will stick to eazy stuff tonight. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Don't get too much spit in the mike. :;:

• Members

Thanks guys. The show went well. A few songs still need a little work. I was mostly concerned about flubbing up things and not having a loud band behind me to cover my mistakes. I used an Ipad and song book...thanks again Potts. I have been memorizing the songs but I still had to look down a few times. I noticed that when I had the words down I was closing my eyes and I try not to do that as I want to keep making eye contact with the crowd. I used the RC-300 looper but not as much as I did during practice. I think it was a bit much (size and options) but I use the reverb (very little) on all my songs, chorus on a few songs and a few of the drum beats on two songs. I looped 30 songs to play leads over. I used a Zoom G3 for guitar effects and I like it a lot. Again, I set up 5 patches and only used one. I used a touch of analog delay and a compressor for leads. A phaser on one song. I also used a digitech vocalist 5 and only one patch a few times as the room dynamics worked well with my voice. It sounded over processed so I used it sparingly. For sound I used a Fishman SA220 and a Mackie Thump 15 on the floor for low end. I had a lot of power in reserve for this Wine bar. I think I can play all the venues I want to play at with this setup. At the end of the night when people started to leave it was a little loud (my wife said). People absorb sound. I used a Martin C16-GTE with stock electronics, snark tuner. Overall I give myself a C+. I have a lot of work to get good, but I think I will be able to find steady gigs while I improve my overall show. This forum has helped me a lot to put together this project and I thank you.

Mark

Archived