Just checking!!

madbat5166

• Members

I´m guessing that to most on Harmony Central this would be an old and standard subject, so I´m apologising first, as I´m not that familiar with power supplies. but I would like to double check!!

​I have an old keyboard (1989!), but I had not realised just how hard it would be to sort out an AC adapter for the keyboard!!! (it came with different ac adapter of no use to me). The keyboard it self takes 9v 850 mA and awkwardly reverse polarity as well, plus , centre, minus. I live in Spain, I have found on line a AC adapter 230-240, 9v 1,mA and also Euro two pin, and yes, reverse polarity. My worry is that if I was to plug that into a main plug socket, or onto an extension lead, it would blow. Reversed polarity seemed to be out of date from what I´ve read on line and can be a problem. Also I´m not sure of the general polarity of the electricity, in this house!!. However, I did see on Thomann website that they do a switching mode power supply ac adapter two pin, Thomann NT 0985 C, with values identical to the keyboard specs of 9v 850mA, great, but it is a DC. The manual that it came with the keyboard, refers to an AC adapter. Agh.:(2

Considering that finding a replacement AC Adapter not so easy to find, which would be the best bet?? I´m thinking more of the DC.

​Can any one tell me what they think? All opinions much appreciated!!!.:)

• Moderators

the Thomann is an AC to DC converter...that version was designed for Casio keyboards. as long as the AC voltage is correct [240V 50Hz for most European applications IIRC] andyou have the right plug adapter, then go for it! If you are concerned about the polarity, don't be... if the voltage is correct and the mA are correct, and you need to reverse the polarity, mark the wires, cut them, splice them back together so that the wires are reversed [old + now goes to old -] and voila!

Archived