D16 LuSH-101 Lives

Acid Hazard

• Members

I hope it can nail that sweet sub bass

I've seen sh-101s here and there but never played one or had the desire to get one. still I imagine it's capable of some pretty cool sounds.

I demoed their 808 and found it to be lacking, even after judicious processing. still I'm pretty picky when it comes to bangin' bass drums. their 909 was ok

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gregwar View Post
I hope it can nail that sweet sub bass

I've seen sh-101s here and there but never played one or had the desire to get one. still I imagine it's capable of some pretty cool sounds.

I demoed their 808 and found it to be lacking, even after judicious processing. still I'm pretty picky when it comes to bangin' bass drums. their 909 was ok
My god man, I think you need new monitors! With just a chanpipple of compression, you are on point for the dancefloor. idn_smilie.gif

Drumazon and Nepheton are spot on.

• Members

I've been waiting for this one for awhile. Their software is amazing. While I haven't played with a real 303, 808 or 909, I used to own the 606 and they really nailed the sound. Coincidentally, I stumbled across an SH-101 at a local used music store and got to spend a good 30 minutes tweaking the heck out of it. The price was a bit too high though and it appeared that someone tried cleaning it with paint thinner or something. Everything worked, but it sure didn't look pretty.

Anyway, go D16!

• Members

Owned an SH-101 and an MC-202, miss the 101. Its a brilliant little monosynth, the programmable arp is so much fun. Also, I got it in NYC so I've never been quite phased by the high prices. So I will own one again, though my Monotribe is kinda satisfying my monosynth lust for now.

What would the point of a polyphonic 101 be though? Wouldn't that be a Juno?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten View Post
What would the point of a polyphonic 101 be though? Wouldn't that be a Juno?
Features of SH-101 missing on Juno-60:

- Portamento
- Proper mixer (as opposed to on/off for the pulse and saw)
- Waveforms other than sine on the LFO

but Juno allows you to invert the filter envelope.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

All of that is in LuSH. I've had my NFR copy for almost a week now. Sounds wonderful! A bit CPU hungry though unfortunately. Envelope control over the individual waveforms is a nice addition as well. The ARP/Gater is fun also. They just released an update that allows you to hide the GUI keyboard.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gregwar View Post
I think u need to get some subs
No need. The lowest frequency for my music style is 45Hz. All the energy is above 45Hz and up. I also cut and/or avoid excessive low frequencies because rumble. I'm more concerned with punch.

Been a while I know, but this site was been having some serious problems.

Archived