Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy to report the cheap lenovo g470 works well with this unit

i5 sandy bridge, 2gb ram, 5400rpm drive. tested 5 simultaneous recording , 64 samples, less than 10ms roundtrip

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the update. 10 ms roundtrip and 64 samples...pretty darn good!
      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Just wanted to mention that you might want to try again with pt9. Specifically 9.0.3. It was mentioned in the update "read me" that you can now run the M-Audio 2626 at a 32 sample buffer. But it was mentioned on the DUC that as of the new update it will run at any buffer size the interface reports it is capable of. However I don't have anything to test this with right now.
        ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Antelope Zen Tour, Dell Precision 7510 (w/i7-6920HQ, 16GB, 512GB NVMe SSD, 960GB SSD recording drive) Harrison Mixbus 3, StudioOne Pro, Pro Tools 12, and Reaper. Belmont Bigsby, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into an 11 Rack controlled by a FCB1010 with an Eureka Prom. A bunch of other stuff lying around.

Did I mention that Harrison Mixbus 3 is out? If not check it out. It Is AWESOME!!!

Comment

quick mention - I have been using my new Octa Capture for the past week with Ableton Live on MacBook pro. I'm pleased with the results! ;-) Review is partially filmed.
          VJ FRANZ K - SYNTH, DRUM MACHINE, iPAD APP REVIEWS, DEMOS, PERFORMANCES on YouTube

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/VJFRANZK

WE MAKE OUR FUTURE.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by CME
            View Post

Just wanted to mention that you might want to try again with pt9. Specifically 9.0.3..

I'll give it a shot as soon as the 1.2GB download is finished...which will be at least tomorrow...

Comment

i must admit i posted the same question at bass subforum. but im going crazy. here goes nothing

recording bass - noise

hello, i just setup a simple home studio. but have some trouble recording bass, I get plenty noise

i'll try to explain

a) elec guitar

b) bass guitar

c) line input with high-z tuned on

d) line input with higz-z turned off

e) mono cable 1

f) mono cable 2

the soundcard is roland octacapture. when i plug in A with E or F into C, I get a clean clear sound. when i plug in B with E or F into C or D, I get a consistent noise pattern - up down up down noise. set the line input level to zero, still get noise. What are the possible problem with my test ? is bass guitar output the same impedance-class as elec guitar ? must i use somekind of bass preamp?

any advice greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Comment

Only Inputs 1 and 2 have hi-Z inputs. Does that help?

Comment

Craig:

I took a quick look through the posts but did not see the answer to this, unless I missed it:

--- Just curious, why would the unit record/playback at 44/48/96/192 khz but not the 88 khz rate?

Is there any particular reason, since all other rates seem to be covered?

Thanks
                  "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt about in your philosophy, Horatio."

"Live Long and Prosper."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky #9
                    View Post

Craig:

I took a quick look through the posts but did not see the answer to this, unless I missed it:

--- Just curious, why would the unit record/playback at 44/48/96/192 khz but not the 88 khz rate?

Is there any particular reason, since all other rates seem to be covered?

I have no idea why it's not included (neither is 176.4, although 192kHz is available). My guess is that because 88.2kHz isn't as common as 96kHz, it wasn't a priority to include it. But really, you'd have to ask Roland.

Comment

• anyone knows about the digital input? I'm getting low volume, I set my kurzweil's digital output volumed to "fixed" instead of variable. there doesn't seem to be a way to set the digital recording input volume. a bit confused about this SPDIF thingey. does the cable make a difference? I'm using a normal A/V rca cable

Comment

• Hello

I'm home musician. I tried to figure out what you write with my English is bad.

Thinking of buying a USB sound card. "Octo Capture", "VS Studio 100", "TC Electronic Impact Twin" I was undecided between.

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drbezgin
                          View Post

Hello

I'm home musician. I tried to figure out what you write with my English is bad.

Thinking of buying a USB sound card. "Octo Capture", "VS Studio 100", "TC Electronic Impact Twin" I was undecided between.

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks...

First of all, welcome to the forum! It is impossible to know what to recommend without knowing your requirements. For example, if you record mostly acoustic music and use a lot of microphones, then you would choose an interface with lots of mic inputs. But if you do solo work and never record more than one or two tracks at a time, you can save money by buying a simpler interface that doesn't have as many inputs. It also depends on whether you plan to do any mobile or portable recording, or just work in your home. If you play guitar, then you might want to make sure the unit has an "instrument" input.

I'm not trying to avoid your question, but the more accurately you can define your needs and budget, the more your search will narrow down to a few units, making your decision easier. But, you should also know that most interfaces these days are very high quality. It's hard to buy a "bad" interface, so the most important factor is to buy one that suits your present, and anticipated future, needs.

I hope that helps!

Comment

• Hi anderton

My work, "Notebook","Rode Nt1a", "Sonar LE" and "Emu 404 USB" with performing. Usually I work with acoustic sound. I've been having trouble with my records, however, more than four audio channels. Clear voice, high-performance, low-latency-time Audio / MIDI Interface Sound Card would like.

(In addition to MIDI input to the system, "Ultra Nova Novation" I think to add.)

Thanks

Comment

• Hi Anderton

My work, "Notebook","Rode Nt1a", "Sonar LE" and "Emu 404 USB" with performing. Usually I work with acoustic sound. I've been having trouble with my records, however, more than four audio channels. Clear voice, high-performance, low-latency-time Audio / MIDI Interface Sound Card would like.

(In addition to MIDI input to the system, "Ultra Nova Novation" I think to add.)

Thanks

Comment

• Hi! I'm quite a beginner in home recording. This is going to be mine first multitrack interface. I want to use it for recording drum kits as well as other instruments (guitar, bass,vocals). I was wondering if it would run stable when for example I record drums in 7 separate tracks on my PC set-up.

HW:

Intel Core Quad 2.8Ghz

4GB RAM

320GB HDD 7200rpm

SW:

Windows XP 64bit

Steinberg Cubase 5 with ASIO DirectX Full Duplex

Thank you for any reply!

Comment

Working...
                                X