Stratocaster? NO! Lezzie paul? uh. NO! SHERGOLD guitar? hail yes!

arellspencer

• Members

I have owned strats and tellys and played the finest lezzies and ess-gees on the planet.

But NOW I can say I fret and twang one of the most remarkable and sweetest sounding guitars made in the entire freakin' world.

A shergold model.MASQUERADER hpc_masq6_1.jpg

The neck on this thang is twisted at the headstock so one thanks that the guitar is messed up. uh that is till you fret it and feel the great action and notice how the neck fits your hand unlike any guitar you've ever played.

it resembles a RICKENBACKER in that it has a lot of the same features except for the twisted neck and odd controls.

NOW, with my SHERGOLD and my vintage gibson amp that has TWELVE on the volume knobs, I can wail and squeal with the best of 'em. ahahaha!

Not only can I now keep up with the jones'es and the richards'es but I can style it all the way, babies! ahahah!

Oh yeah with my KAZUO YAIRI DY48 serving as my main acoustic axe, the shergold will take its place as my main electric axe.

Power to the people. ahahahaha!

thanks for lettin' me share! and i'll see you on the radio! no really! WXNR 99.5 FM. sunday nights at nine-o-clock. tell heather I said high!

the end..

:wave: me

:D me after getting my shergold:D

• Members

and i'll see you on the radio! no really! WXNR 99.5 FM. sunday nights at nine-o-clock.

I was just going to point out that this might be the ultimate "radio" guitar (if you know what I mean).

But the maker's own website acknowledges as much:

Shergolds have their own very distinctive characters. Consider:

They are not pretty.

They are not "comfort contoured".

They are not "ergonomically balanced".

They are not light weight.

But they are not copies of anything else!

Shergolds are probably the only quality guitars on the second hand market that are truly original, uncopied, "vintage", and affordable.

For the price of a mediocre modern Str*t lookalike, you can have an inovative and distinctive piece of British guitar history that is guaranteed to be a talking point with other guitarists.

I have met very few guitarists who have anything but praise for the necks on Shergolds and most like the distinctive and versatile sounds of the unusual switching s--

http://www.shergold.co.uk/buying.html

• Moderators

I've never heard of Shergold. I want one. It reminds me of the Burns a little. Unfortunatley the US to UK exchange is pretty pricey. Still... I want one!

The bass I just found on ebay is just under $700. Not crazy, but a little much. I'll need to keep my eyes open for one over here.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Knight

I've never heard of Shergold. I want one. It reminds me of the Burns a little. Unfortunatley the US to UK exchange is pretty pricey. Still... I want one!

The bass I just found on ebay is just under $700. Not crazy, but a little much. I'll need to keep my eyes open for one over here.

Hey Lee knight! oh yeah shergolds are sweet axes for sure.

I played an olde skinny SG once that made me feel odd as and even after i played it.

this shergold makes me feel odd too! i felt that same oddness playing a 66 sunburst stratocaster right before i bought it. . i can't explain it more than that, maybe the same way one would feel sawing on an olde stradavariusmaybe?

i only give a hunnerd and sixty skins american for my shergold masquerader six strang.

I tried to buy the same axe a few years ago and it would have costed three hunnerd then but the deal fell through for some reason. so i feel as if I got a real goode deale for sure. uh huh!.

it rivals any axe i ever strummed .

the tone is unreal and it's ugly as all get out. the lectronics work well and it's missing a cap off one of the three sliders and it's got that classic shergold finish imperfection that endears it to my crusty olde heart. to me this thang is freakin' priceless. i'm gonna prolly need to get at least one more, but they more rare than duck toofers..

looks like a vickenbacker a little bit there muh huh!. thanks for lettin' me share!

Archived