Mount an LED on a Variax Selector Knob?

unichord

• Members

You could tape one of those tiny LED flashlights to the body and face it toward the switch...

You could paint the settings with dayglo paint...

You could memorize the settings.

You could get 16 (or however many settings you use) more Variax and set each to a specific patch.

YOu're welcome!:wave:

• Members

Well,

I did memorize the settings (number of clicks) Sometimes, I'm not sure where I am - so adding and subtractive clicks won't work.

Day glo paint is not a bad idea - we do have some UV lights.....hmmmm......might work.

I was hoping that Craig Anderton might know of a quick way to install a led from Radio Shack etc.....

He is the Musico Electro Guru of all time.......:D

• Members

I think you can get a little "stick on" LED light and just pop that on the pickguard.

If you have the Pod XT Live you can effectively eliminate the need for the switch. Going into my Pod, I don't think I've ever once had to turn the knob at all.

~Blackbelt

• Members

True - you can choose the settings with the footswitch.

I use a Vetta with it.

But - there are songs where I use the same amp settings and change between a couple guitars....for instance some Beatles songs where I go between the Ric 12 and the Gretsch setting - all through the same combination of AC30 and the Line 6 Class A amp. If I overshoot the clicks (happens frequently) I can't tell where I am. Same goes with switching between the acoustic guitars and an electric using the same amp.

I need to be able to tell the guitar setting at a glance.

I'm using the custom settings for alternate tunings - so I can't use them.

• Members

hmmm

1)well you could brew up a little LEd light - power tap the guitar, or if you aren't into modding either use a button call or a battery pack on your strap

2) I would suggest a tactile interface - carve the knob so you can feel a position index

3) I'm not that familiar with the variax -- can you not set a patches up where

Patch 1 = amp A & guitar A

Patch 2 = amp A & guitar B

??

• Members

I've been getting away with remembering how many clicks it takes to go from a strat to an acoustic. That's working for me. Most songs I do I setup with the variax and XT Live combo is, e.g. Bank 1, A acoustic, B slight dirty with strat, C distortion with low fx's with whatever guitar, D distortion with lotsa fx's and whatever guitar I want saved! I have Banks 20-32 filled with variations of those and I end up just using my latest tweaked bank for 3/4's of the night! :p

But ya I have put to memory how many clicks as well as different sounds as I click through but I don't tend to decide to get that creative in front of the audience!

The only time I get silly is when someone screwed up and I pull out the banjo and twang away !:D

• Members

Originally posted by seclusion

The only time I get silly is when someone screwed up and I pull out the banjo and twang away !
:D

Bingo.

It was a Sinatra song - I thought I had the Super 400 pulled up at the beginning of the song.

Turned out to be the Sitar.

Yikes.

Archived