Seagram's VO

Ani

• Members

Haven't been drinking for quite a while with all the OT and stuff, but tonight I decided to pick up a bottle and CHILL. I normally buy a nice smooth Brandy, but the store only carried the cheap blends of Brandy like EJ.... BLEH

I don't normally drink whiskey, but in the mood to try something new, I picked up a bottle of Seagram's VO Gold Canadian Whiskey. They were out of Crown Royal (my second alternative when there's no Brandy to suit my taste.) I wasn't really wanting to catch a BUZZZZZZ, but just drink casually to unwind from a very stressful season of long hours and hair pulling days. I've got 3 days off starting Monday for the first time since October; unfortunately, tomorrow is going to be a beast of a day after the way things went today. I've been working six days almost every week for 4 months and I'm really glad to see some consecutive days coming up. I will start another period of 2 weeks vacation time on Feb. 14 if all goes well. Just trying to get a jump on things.... RELAXING and UNWINDING.

I've tried two different mixers with the alcohol, and both have been NASTY. What do you use to mix with the VO, or do you drink it smooth? I guess this one is not going to be one to mix with fruit juices.... I'm not much of a COKE drinker, although I did try the whiskey with a Vault... also nasty.

I have a feeling this will be an experience of exploration that I will not repeat; even smooth, which I often do with Brandy, the VO is not pleasurable to the tastebuds. Any suggestions?

• Members

I've never had Canadian with coke, but Scotch with coke is nasty. If you want to mix Whiskey with coke, take some good quality Bourbon (JD).

Scotch and Canadian whiskey are best plain on ice IMO.

My favourite: plain old Gin and tonic.

BTW, what is 'Vault'?

edit: Ok, I googled 'Vault', that looks nasty:D

• Members

Haven't been drinking for quite a while with all the OT and stuff, but tonight I decided to pick up a bottle and CHILL. I normally buy a nice smooth Brandy, but the store only carried the cheap blends of Brandy like EJ.... BLEH

I don't normally drink whiskey, but in the mood to try something new, I picked up a bottle of Seagram's VO Gold Canadian Whiskey. They were out of Crown Royal (my second alternative when there's no Brandy to suit my taste.) I wasn't really wanting to catch a BUZZZZZZ, but just drink casually to unwind from a very stressful season of long hours and hair pulling days. I've got 3 days off starting Monday for the first time since October; unfortunately, tomorrow is going to be a beast of a day after the way things went today. I've been working six days almost every week for 4 months and I'm really glad to see some consecutive days coming up. I will start another period of 2 weeks vacation time on Feb. 14 if all goes well. Just trying to get a jump on things.... RELAXING and UNWINDING.

I've tried two different mixers with the alcohol, and both have been NASTY. What do you use to mix with the VO, or do you drink it smooth? I guess this one is not going to be one to mix with fruit juices.... I'm not much of a COKE drinker, although I did try the whiskey with a Vault... also nasty.

I have a feeling this will be an experience of exploration that I will not repeat; even smooth, which I often do with Brandy, the VO is not pleasurable to the tastebuds. Any suggestions?

Try straight, ice-cold Cuervo with a squirt of lime, instead.

If you must keep the VO, mix it over ice with a lemon-lime soda of your choice, or ginger ale.

• Members

Thanks for the tips guys. I woke up this morning with a tinge of a hangover; not bad, but not good. I didn't drink nearly as much as I would have on the Brandy I buy, and I rarely ever get a hangover with Brandy unless it's the cheap crap like EJ. I tasted it smooth and didn't even like it that way.

My mistake came in spontaneously buying brew at a GROCERY store rather than driving a few blocks away to a well established liquor store that carries all the selections.

I doubt that I will bother to finish the fifth and it's still nearly full.

• Members

Try it with Ginger Ale! Seriously, Canadian whiskey with Ginger Ale is very tasty!

I'll try it the next time I get in the mood to drink. I'm beginning to think that I'm just not much of a canadian whiskey person. The last bottle of CW I bought never was finished by me... and I have a 16 year old that SWEARS he never touched it. :D Yeah Right.....

Archived