Do you use www.playlist.com ?

amplayer

• Members

Not sure I really get it. I searched on about 10 or 12 songs, the first couple semi-obscure, but the rest were pretty much household names and I couldn't find a single one. Do you have to simply look at what's available and build a playlist from that?

I'm a Rhapsody subscriber and I use (my own) playlists (which tend to run to several hundred tracks) in shuffle mode a lot -- and every once in a while I stumble on to someone else's playlist that works for me. (Typically in downtempo/trip hop/lounge. But there's a lot of crap that can sneak into that matrix, you bet. Sometimes folks' jazz playlists are ok with me as long as they stay away from smooth/disco jazz.)

Basically, my tastes are particular enough that other folks include stuff I don't care for a lot of the time.

• Members

Not sure I really get it. I searched on about 10 or 12 songs, the first couple semi-obscure, but the rest were pretty much household names and I couldn't find a single one. Do you have to simply look at what's available and build a playlist from that?

I'm a Rhapsody subscriber and I use (my own) playlists (which tend to run to several hundred tracks) in shuffle mode a lot -- and every once in a while I stumble on to someone else's playlist that works for me. (Typically in downtempo/trip hop/lounge. But there's a lot of crap that can sneak into that matrix, you bet. Sometimes folks' jazz playlists are ok with me as long as they stay away from smooth/disco jazz.)

Basically, my tastes are particular enough that other folks include stuff I don't care for a lot of the time.

playlist only grabs stuff from internet sites that are freely available. Thus, not everything is available. However, more than half of the tunes I searched for were available. Considering it is free and not random (like Pandora) and free to share with others, I think it is really cool.

Archived