Official Bass Instruments Good Deal/Bad Deal Sticky!

Ara Ajizian

• Members

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to good deals/bad deals on these forums. A vast majority of the deals made using these forums go down with no problems at all. Occasionally we do get a bad one though. Please, if you have a beef with someone, don't post their personal information on these forums without their consent! All that's necessary is "I had a good deal/bad deal with (insert username)."

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

wlfgnplyr is local to me- i saw an add for his MF280B cab on craigslist and offered him my jackson DK2M for it.

we ended up trading- i got the cab home,opened it up, and it's loaded with 4 celestion "CRATE V12L" speakers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

just a reminder to everyone- user name stevestevens (changed from wlfgnplyr) traded to me a marshall mode four cab which he assured me was loaded with mode four V30 speakers for my jackson DK2M- when i got it home, i opened it up and found it loaded with crappy old CRATE speakers. not only did he refuse to trade back, but he now lists my name as a "hellish transaction" in his sig.

(i dont see what was so hellish about it to him other than i exposed his dishonorable trading practices to several people)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Completed a great deal with Billystrat.Great guy to work with and communication superb.Would not hesitate to deal with him again.

Tom

Likewise for Tom aka TFM53. Great communication and the neck I bought from him came in better shape than I expected.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I own several pieces of Carvin gear including a LB76 bass, a M210 redline speaker cab, and a PA620 head. I have always been happy with the quality of Carvin gear until now.
I bought the PA620 6 ch PA head about 1.5 years ago, used it very little and always took very good care of it so I was suprized when it sounded all distorted. After checking it carefully to make sure I sent it to Carvin for repair. Now this is not an expensive PA head I think I paid about 249. for it. When they called me and told me it would be over $100. to fix it, because 1. it was past warrenty and 2. The damage was my fault (acording to them) I was not at all happy. Plus of course I had paid for the shiping to the west coast, and I would have to pay for the shipping back. By the time I paid for the repair I could have replaced it with a new one (but they don't sell this model any more).
Overall: 1.) I'm pissed they couldn't cover it under warrenty 2.) I could have had it repaired localy for less (and not paid any shipping) 3.) the unit should have come with a BIG BOLD PRINT warning that it will not drive two 4 ohm speakers. As it has two speaker output jacks and most musicians would NOT think that TWO 4 ohm small PA cabs would cause it to blow up. Apearently this is considered overloading the amp. I'm a solo acoustic musician and use this unit with a digital paino and a mic for hotel lobby type gigs. Maybe this is part of the reason this model is now discontinued.
At any rate live and learn, I will not be buying any Carvin PA gear agian. Disapointed in what I thought was a better company.

• Members

dude. you loaded it with two 4 ohm speakers, making it a 2ohm load on an amp that cant handle it? (most amps under a grand cant)?? No wonder it blew up.. Thats just common sense. Its pretty obvious it shouldn be covered under warranty. No company would cover that under their warranty if you told them that, go test with ANY company, I dare you.

Carvin has been 100% amazing to me, helping with everything. I even bought a used bass amp off ebay from some guy which wasnt working, emailed carvin and they gave me some sound advice that might of fixed the issue, only time will tell but its been awhile since the error has occurred.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived