Roland TD-8

HastyRichtardo

• Members

I just purchased a used E kit to use in my apartment and I am having problems with the TD-8 module. I don't know if it is defective or if I'm setting it up wrong. I am using it with Hart Dynamics hardware. The only output that will give me sound is the headphone output. As of now I have a cable (same type of cable used to connect triggers to the module) running from the headphone output into an amp. This gives me reasonable volume but only after I jack up the volume controls on both the module and amp. If I then take the same cable and switch it from the headphone output to Master out (L mono) I get no sound at all out of the amp. Also if I plug my headphones directly into the headphone output I have to crank the headphone volume to get a decent level and it seems to be getting distorted at the high levels. I tried doing a factory reset and it didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help!!

:rolleyes:

• Members

Here's something to check: Select a patch, then get into the edit mode for one of the samples and see where the "level" is set. It should be somewhere between 90 - 110 (127 being the maximum). If it's somewhere down around 30, then this would contribute to your low output level.

Check all the samples on that patch, then move on to the next patch.

If the levels are all around 90 - 110, then something may be wrong with the TD-8.

• Members

do a factory reset and start from there. by default there should be output from the mono out.

Press [sETUP], then [F3 ( MENU)].

[sETUP] is lit, and a pop-up menu appears.

Press [iNC/+], rotate the VALUE dial, or press CURSOR

[ ] to move the cursor to

Archived