Unbalanced volume on each string on Piezo

kingadvid3m

• Members

I recently sanded the bridge saddle on my acoustic to lower the string height. It made effected the piezo pickup somehow. The A & D strings are now way louder than the other strings.

Anyone knows what caused this? Is it perhaps because of unbalanced sanding which result in different pressure absorption on the Piezo?

What should i do to fix this?

Thanks

• Members

Always sand on a perfectly flat surface (I use a piece of marble tile)...resanding may make your saddle a little low, but this'll fix ya right up:

PM me you snail-mail and I'll be happy to send you enough of this clay to correct your issue.

Hi TAH,

I guess you've tried this procedure? How would you describe the results?

• Members

Hi TAH,

I guess you've tried this procedure? How would you describe the results?

Absolutely...every one of my plugged-in acoustics have had this done...it works great!

Assuming your piezo is functioning correctly, the balance from string-to-string will be perfect, and the tone is much more microphone-like, due to the tiny bit of delay the clay adds to the signal...much less piezo "quack", too.

No change, sonically, when you're playing unplugged.

• Members

Absolutely...every one of my plugged-in acoustics have had this done...it works great!

Assuming your piezo is functioning correctly, the balance from string-to-string will be perfect, and the tone is much more microphone-like, due to the tiny bit of delay the clay adds to the signal...much less piezo "quack", too.

No change, sonically, when you're playing unplugged.

Very cool. Thanks for the info. :)

Archived