From StewMac: How to fix a chip/scratch in a guitar

GuitarVlog

• Members

StewMac's hot tips are really great - too bad there isn't a way to go back on their web page. I'm going to order that little dropper of lacquer - I keep a bottle of thickened nitro and one of water based for drop filling but this will be so much better.

They might have also added the trick of steaming out a ding before it is drop filled.

edit to add - anyone can subscribe to the tips e-mail, go to their web site and sign up.

• Members

StewMac's hot tips are really great - too bad there isn't a way to go back on their web page. I'm going to order that little dropper of lacquer - I keep a bottle of thickened nitro and one of water based for drop filling but this will be so much better.

They might have also added the trick of steaming out a ding before it is drop filled.

edit to add - anyone can subscribe to the tips e-mail, go to their web site and sign up.

Freeman, is there a good source of instruction for steaming a ding? Wet rag and an iron?

• Members

The guys resetting my 000's neck talking me out of filling nicks:

"I mean if we were only talking about three or four dings that'd be one thing... but then you've got the finish crazing all over the top, not to mention those weird blotches (DEET) on the sides. You should just leave it alone."

:facepalm:

Can't wait to get it back.

Archived