X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovation CSE34

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Ovation-CSE34-FKOA-Celebrity-Deluxe.html

Anyone have any more information on these guitars? Pros/cons?
    Mesa : Gibson : MusicMan : Peavey

There's a guy on YouTube that appears to have one.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dusstead

When I first started listening to his songs it was a bit jangly, but it started sounding really good so I asked him about it. He said he put on medium gauge strings. Made a huge difference.
    - Rob

YouTube (GuiTuber)
    Proud Member of the Alvarez Alliance & Yamaha Player's Guild

Comment

I own an ovation and I love it. That said, I had to play a bunch of them before I found one that i liked.

I bought mine a long time ago, but when I was searching I did not like the celebrity series. All of the ones that I played at guitar center (the celebrities) sounded sub par. It wasn't till i sat down with one that was not celebrity (USA made) at a different guitar store that i actually wanted it.
      Rig:
      Fender Strat HSS / ASAT Bluesboy > Pitchblack > Ernie > OCD v3 > Memory Boy > DL4 > HRD

Smooth Transactions with:
      Claffman, russv, Rocked Star, aaronl

Comment

I own 3 Ovations, my first was a 1994 Celebrity Deluxe CC257. A very nice guitar. Super Shallow body, Spruce laminated top, Rosewood fretboard, MIK. A good guitar and plays very well.

A mid bowl will give you better projection, but will take some getting used to if you sit to play. Plugged in... Hmmmmm, Nice!

For $400, you can find an excellent used one on ebay or the OvationFanClub.com. Get an older USA made model: Balladeer, Elite, or Legend. Many new lower end models that were made in the USA are now being made overseas.

My other two:
        2007 Elite 1868T (my favorite)

1995 Balladeer 1751 12-string (from ebay for $163)
        Joe... "Some say that having a dark side will lead to no good... I certainly hope so."Gibson: '11 Les Paul Studio 60s DeluxeFender: '69 Mustang Competition; '91 Stratocaster Plus; '11 Telecaster StandardOvation: '06 Elite-T 1868T; '79 Glen Campbell Artist 1627; '95 Balladeer 1751-12PRS: '07 CE22; '03 Santana SE; '12 Tremonti SEMartin: '12 GPCPA4 RWBradley: '77 Les Paul Custom

Comment

Working...
        X