Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

genz benz shenandoah 80lt acoustic amp

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • genz benz shenandoah 80lt acoustic amp





    i have an opportunity to pick one of these amps up for a very good price... i'm not wise in the ways of acoustic amps, so i'd love to hear any opinions on it



    at this stage it would be used for practicing at home, with a view to doing some solo gigs



    i just bought a cole clark FL2ac (pics below).. i use both the onboard pickup system and a LRBaggs M1 magnetic sound hole pickup.. so the guitar has dual outputs... the magnetic pickup would be fed into a kemper profiling amp and then into one channel of the acoustic amp, with the cole clark piezo/face brace pickups going into the other



    i've since permanently installed the soundhole pickup so there's no lead coming out now

















    thanks

  • #2
    Genz Benz get a lot of love here and over in solo and duo. I can't remember anybody saying anything bad about them.
    Bob.
    Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

    Comment


    • #3
      I had a Shen 60LT for a while. Nice sounding amp. I just didn't use it so much as I thought I would, so I traded it in on a new guitar.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have the Shen Jr. a great little amp. I would go for it.
        If you find your self alone riding in green fields with the sun in your face... do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium. And you are already dead! Brothers... what we do in life... echoes in eternity! (Gladiator)

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by Howie22
          View Post

          I had a Shen 60LT for a while. Nice sounding amp. I just didn't use it so much as I thought I would, so I traded it in on a new guitar.




          I have the Shen 60LT, too. Don't think they made an 80 watt at the time I bought mine.

          Used it every Saturday until just recently. (Only because I just quit doing that Saturday gig.)

          GB are real good acoustic amps.

          Comment


          • #6
            Parametric EQ. This terminology is as useful to a musician as is the term "Intercooler" to a driver in a vehicle utilizing turbine boosted induction. Yet, we see both terms badged onto amps and cars, respectively, as if these are intuitively understood by their operators.



            I just looked up parametric EQ, for the umpteenth time, in hopes of maybe gleaning a hint of its meaning to the user of an amplifier. I got nothing.
            Be back when I get back. TTFN.

            Comment


            • #7
              cool... sounds good... i was thinking of getting more money together for an AER compact 60, but i think this might suit my needs for a lot less money













              Quote Originally Posted by Pitar
              View Post

              Parametric EQ. This terminology is as useful to a musician as is the term "Intercooler" to a driver in a vehicle utilizing turbine boosted induction. Yet, we see both terms badged onto amps and cars, respectively, as if these are intuitively understood by their operators.



              I just looked up parametric EQ, for the umpteenth time, in hopes of maybe gleaning a hint of its meaning to the user of an amplifier. I got nothing.




              my understanding is that you have more control over the frequencies you are boosting or cutting... for example a Q control lets you select how wide a range of frequencies you're controlling

              Comment


              • #8
                bought it... dig it

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by Pitar
                  View Post

                  Parametric EQ. This terminology is as useful to a musician as is the term "Intercooler" to a driver in a vehicle utilizing turbine boosted induction. Yet, we see both terms badged onto amps and cars, respectively, as if these are intuitively understood by their operators.



                  I just looked up parametric EQ, for the umpteenth time, in hopes of maybe gleaning a hint of its meaning to the user of an amplifier. I got nothing.




                  borne of the 20-something mind of a Madison Avenue wannabe junior marketing exec.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Parametric eq= adjustment of the frequency (ex. 500hz) and how "wide" you want to cut or boost that frequency. Meaning you can notch just that out or have it as a gradual curve.

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by mistersully
                      View Post

                      bought it... dig it




                      Happy New Amp Day!
                      Bob.
                      Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

                      Comment













                      Working...
                      X