Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild: Bridge Pull Up With A Twist

A year and a half ago I noticed I could slide paper slightly under the edges of my Guild DV52 bridge.  Last week I took her in

to my luthier John Lynch and he confirmed the bridge was pulling up.  I received my guitar back yesterday and

Mr. Lynch informed me my bridge had been re-glued before, when he removed the bridge the wood underneath was "chewed up",

and  it look like someone had scrapped the old glue under the bridge off and glued the bridge back.

I told him , the only someone who could've done this was Guild. I've never had any issues with my guitar she had been properly 

humidified and kept in her case when not in use. So in essence I purchased a B-Stock guitar (2001) full price. Its water 

under the bridge. I'm not pleased but I will be writing Guild a formal letter informing of this; I regret John didn't take pictures but

he assumed I had been aware.

Trina

Westerly Guild Guitars - Website
    http://www.westerlyguildguitars.com/index.htm

outdoorgb
    My goal was/is to be "Campfire Good".

Stackabones
    What's "campfire good"? I've been around some campfires where the players were pretty good.

outdoorgb
    So if that is "campfire good"...and that is my goal...Then I guess I'll stick to "candle good" until I improve...

MY 70s 000 was like that. It's a total **bleep**, but I still love it.

Comment

• katopp
      katopp commented
      Editing a comment

WTF is that **bleep** bleeb thing that pops up ever so often?

Working...
X