Blower switch with 4 conductors ?

Sevred

• Members

Hi everybody !

So I recently knew about the blower switch, wich allow the bridge pickup to be wired straight to the jack output, bypassing the volume and tone controls.

I'm into my old Telecaster Custom 72 rebuild, and here's my project :

The Telecaster is loaded with a humbucker in the neck, and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails (single format humbucker with 4 conductors) in the bridge, a 3 way selector, and a volume and tone for each pickup (like a Les Paul in fact).

What I would like is a blower switch, wich allow me to split the bridge pickup and got it straight to the jack, so when the switch is ON, the bridge pickup will be alone, straight to the jack, (like an Esquire), and when the switch is OFF, the bridge pickup will act as a standard humbucker, connected to the volume pot.

Thanks for the replies.

• Members

Ok.... a little confusing here, but, basically you want to be able to split the neck, and send the bridge directly out to the output, bypassing the vol/tone control.

Push/pull switches would be able to do that. Wire one for the neck pickup to kill the one coil. another push/pull switch can be added to send the signal straight to the amp. Wire that particular switch from the main 3 way switch, with in one position, it goes thru the pots, and the other position, directly to the output.

• Members

Hi, yeah sorry I don't explained very well, and it's a bit confused. By splitting the humbucker I was talking about the bridge pickup (wich is a humbucker in a single coil size). So when I push the switch I only want the bridge pickup splitted, straight to the jack.

• Members

So I tried to do a wiring diagram based on a Seymour Duncan diagram.

The killswitch cut the entire signal from the selector to the output jack, and the blower switch will use the split of the bridge humbucker and get it straight through the output jack. May this be right? Thanks

cd25c0df6bba001638e9809bb03df4c4.thumb.jpg.de50778f859552d9ec8f5b20900e7550.jpg

Archived