Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what gauge strings do you use on your baritone?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what gauge strings do you use on your baritone?

and how do you tune it?

there seems to be no "standard" set. Ernie Ball matches gauges one way, D'Addario another, LaBella another. who's got the best matched set? and what tunings do they excel at?
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

http://www.juststrings.com/dad-xl157.html

I use these on my Dano Baritone.
    i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

O have a couple sets of Danelectro Bari strings from when I owned a Danelectro Bari guitar. They're the same gauge as the Daddarios, and I always suspected that they were rebranded Daddarios anyway.

(I tried to delete the spammy version of this post before anyone saw it, but you're fast, man.)

Comment

O have a couple sets of Danelectro Bari strings from when I owned a Danelectro Bari guitar. They're the same gauge as the Daddarios, and I always suspected that they were rebranded Daddarios anyway.

i don't have the baritone yet. i'm just doing recon for when i get one.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

I actually always liked the 14-68 better than the LaBella set with the 70 on the bottom. I know LaBella claims that their set is well-balanced but I like the feel of the Dano/Daddario gauges better.

Comment

I actually always liked the 14-68 better than the LaBella set with the 70 on the bottom. I know LaBella claims that their set is well-balanced but I like the feel of the Dano/Daddario gauges better.

then there's Ernie Ball who does 13 to 72.

were you ever able to fit Bass VI strings on that thing? part of me wants to use this set:

Comment

Well, Danelectro made a Bass VI that looked a lot like the Bari (sometimes you'll see them being sold as Baritones), and the VIs could definitely withstand those EB gauges.
              (The VIs can be distinguished by their metalflake finishes and their more heavy duty tuners.)

Comment

Danelectro Six String Bass

Comment

Danelectro Six String Bass

those are nearly impossible to find.

i'll be getting one of the new '63 reissues.

Comment

How heavy does the gauge have to be on a standard baritone to tune down an octave?
                    Good Sales / Trades

Comment

Tuned B to B

i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

How heavy does the gauge have to be on a standard baritone to tune down an octave?

that's what the Ernie Ball strings are for. D'Addario makes a 24-84 set.

Comment

Anybody else rock the bari or bass vi?

Comment

those are nearly impossible to find.

i'll be getting one of the new '63 reissues.

Really, I think you'll find 14-70 or 14-68 substantial enough for your musical cravings, but, otherwise, I believe you'll have to file that aluminum nut to accommodate 90s, and you'll probably need to modify the bridge, as well.

Comment

I used to have that exact Bari.. It was nice for sure!!

Tuned B to B

Guitars - Too many

Effects - Dirt

Amps - Hiwatt DR504 - Hiwatt Cab

Rack Unpacked
                              www.Stocklinphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                              X