Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tortex vs Celluloid vs Nylon

Back to the idea of this post: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1928290&highlight=celluloid

... but with nylon in the poll this time!

Personally I'd say Nylon, but I haven't even tried Tortex.
    My music: charlatansounds.com

Ultex.
    BAND
    CRABCORE
    e-peen:

G&L ASAT Classic
    Fender American Roadhouse Strat
    ESP Hybrid II
    Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage II
    Orange PPC412

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

That thing tickling your throat? It's my cock in your mouth, suck it. Suck it good.

Comment

Ultex.

+1
      Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

Tortex. I use the green .88mm size. Pretty stiff but with just enough flex for me. I used to swear by fender medium celluloid until I discovered the Dunlops. I've tried nylon, but didn't like the feel or the way the edges wear. Just my two cents.
        Mandatory Gear List:
        Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
        /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
        /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
        Band Site:
        http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

To me, the nylon doesn't wear as fast as tortex did for me. Celluloid is the faster wear and they broke almost all the time when I first started playing guitar.

Comment

My Herco's last forever and "give" just enough for my style....Try a quarter (coin) sometime if you want a stiff, gritty tone

Comment

Ultex.
              SPAM:
              Dunlop DC Brick, Digitech JAMMAN Solo.

Comment

I actually bought a Dunlop Nylon 1.0 today just out of curiosity. Don't really like it - it feels pretty flexy for a 1.0 and you get a lot of the "plastic attack" from it. I use Gator Grip 1.5s. Not too huge but you don't get the plastic "clicking" sound when you hit the strings, it's a much more solid and rounder tone.
                My Soundclick
                My YouTube Channels

'01 Heritage H535
                '05 USA G&L Legacy
                Taylor Big Baby

Comment

Personally I'd say Nylon, but I haven't even tried Tortex.

Once you try tortex you won't want anything else.

Comment

Been using bone... love em.
                    Good Trades/deals with: Aahzz, Virex, Jimosity, FireinCairo, Pedaler, Loudog99, Gilgators x 2, Mike Fiasco, Altgtr33, Twisty571,TJShultz, Minorbravo, moneyfornothing, Dr. Scottie C, Frankenstrat86, Shask

Comment

http://www.tonetoys.com/de/Picks.html
                      Axe-Fx Ultra

Comment

Once you try tortex you won't want anything else.

Once you try a decent pick, you won't want Tortex anymore.
                        Axe-Fx Ultra

Comment

Ultex
                          GuitarsWolfgang Standard, Edwards E-LP-85CD, Wolf 540TM Amps Bogner XTC 101B, Blackstar HT5-H, Marshall 1960A, Marshall 1960B 'custom' EffectsG Major, Bad Horsie, DMC Ground Control
                          Web Site
                          http://www.baconlips.com

Comment

Working...
                          X