Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

KNE guitar bodies, anybody have any experience?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNE guitar bodies, anybody have any experience?

Thinking about ordering a body from KNE. They look good and are priced right, just don't know about the quality.

Anybody have any experience with them?

"You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

I have built 2 guitars with KNE bodys. both of mine were alder, one a hardtail and one with a strat trem cavity. both were very nice bordering on excellent. the neck pocket cavities were spot on, and i encountered no problems at all with either one.
    they are exactly as he describes them on his website, and if you find his myspace theres plenty of pictures of customers completed guitars as well.
    smooth deals with: ams2ek, Thor1777

Comment

Good stuff, I like them. I have built a couple of guitars using their GGG bodies.
      Shane Dunn-Official Site- band updates, gear info, links

Neros Opening Act/When In Rome

Comment

I built one that I have since parted ways with, but I was thoroughly happy with the body I bought which was an alder SanD
        My Gear
        Schecter Corsair
        TelePartsCaster x3
        Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
        Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
        Vox VT15
        Fender SCXD
        Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
        Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
        Vox AC4C1 amp
        Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

Comment

Cool, thanks.

I'm going to order either a Solo or Dinkee in alder, bridge hum with a neck single and a Floyd route.

Just not sure how I want to finish it. I've done 3 Carvin kits and just finished them with tung oil. I'd really like to try a candy apple finish but I'd hate to mess it up. Tung oil is pretty much idiot proof which is why I use it.
          "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

I'll probably get a swamp ash Warren and finish it with oil/wax plus some stain.
            Axe-Fx Ultra

Comment

I'll probably get a swamp ash Warren and finish it with oil/wax plus some stain.

That would be a nice finish

Comment

Thanks for the tip on KNe, I'll be ordering a body Monday.

So who are you getting the neck from?
                I'm leaning towards Warmoth.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on KNe, I'll be ordering a body Monday.

So who are you getting the neck from?
                  I'm leaning towards Warmoth.

Hello St. Louis.

Yes I am getting the neck from Warmoth. Haven't decided on pups yet. I'm leaning towards a Duncan 59 for the bridge and a duckbucker for the neck.

Comment

Working...
                  X