Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomahawk Guitars "Telehawk" bodies on eBay

http://shop.ebay.com/gipper38/m.html

Here's one that's getting me going at present:

Anyone here bought one of these? They look sexy as hell. I accidentally (OK, not really ) won a really sweet purpleheart/flame maple neck on eBay and thought that, with such a heavy neck, a heavy maple body like this might be a good match. I don't mind a Telecaster being too bright; that's what a tone knob is for.
    Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

I love the shape myself. Very Reverendy.

Campbell UK-1
    http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
    https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

I've been watching those as well, but with all TELE hardware on them they look odd to me...
      Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

^^^ I'd use a regular hardtail bridge, direct wood mounts for the pickups, and no pickguard.
        Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

Hi there,

I am Brian from Tomahawk custom guitars. Thanks for the positive comments on my body design. Frets99 you have a good eye!!! The guitar was inspired in part by the Reverend Double Agent as I own a FM version of that guitar and have been a fan of Joe Naylor's designs for a long time. The body design was initially meant to use all Telecaster parts but I do offer the body in several configurations. I have made them with TOM bridges, regular hardtails, floyds and am currently building 2 using the new Schaller Hannes bridge. I also offer rear mounted controls as an option. I also have added a double cut version as well. Check out http://www.tomahawkcustomguitars.com/ and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks - Brian

Comment

I like these a lot-I think they look pretty good with the tele guard and bridge but not the control plate for some reason- could be pretty cool with the right parts.
            Good deals with:
            FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
            ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
            AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
            downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

+1 It's good to see some variety now and then.
              Originally Posted by metalheadUK

I dont understand any of 'em.

If it has strings and plays, and makes a noise, I'll play it for whatever.

Ibby 7 string for Blues,a Dano for teh brootalz, or a Steiny for Punk, I dont care what it is as long as it works!

Comment

I like them as well. Just something different that you can put standard hardware on.
                There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

I'd like to see one assembled.

I think it just looks odd with the regular tele hardware. I DO like the body shape and the idea, but maybe it's just the control plate? Rear mounted might be the answer....but I think a proper pickguard designed to compliment the body would really be the key. oke:
                  Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

Going to the website I notice that he only routes for 2 pups. What if I want 3 pups? I'm right on the fence. I don't have a tele right now as I was offered an unGodly amount for my last one. I want a Telehawk with Strat pup routes, a Strat bridge route & a Tele control route at that weird angle. That would be fitting of my forum handle. And I'll run with no p/g, thank you veddy much.
                    There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

...I don't mind a Telecaster being too bright; that's what a tone knob is for.

Actually, that's what selecting the best tone capacitor value is for.

I like the Telehawk's slanted Strat-like pickup selector.

TeleHawk on left, Frets99's Reverend on right.

Comment

^^ thats freaking beautiful in my opinion (telehawk)

Comment

Comment

Again thanks for the nice comments about the body shape. As far as some of the questions go rear routed controls are doable as well as trems and hardtails. Here is an example of one with a walnut cap. This one is a double cut version with rear routed controls and is routed for a Floyd Rose.
                            http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/Gipper38/walnut1.jpg

Brian - Tomahawk Custom Guitars

Comment

great stuff, i have to say

Comment

Working...
                              X