Gretsch bigsby temelo bar

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gretsch bigsby temelo bar

I recently purchased a gretsch 6122 59 country gentleman. I wondered if anyone on these forums had any experience with the vibrato tailpiece?

Mine became loose, and this morning I tried to tighten it by turning it clockwise. But it came right off. I could use some help in putting it back on.

Not really sure how to do this. I have the tremelo arm a paper washer and a metal washer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking of taking the guitar to someone, to have the tremelo put back on and tightened.

But thought, if it is something I could do myself I would.

I think you already gave a try. What about going to a guitar tech?
    "It's all sratched up, Zuzu"Your wattage may vary

I have a 6122SP I would think the Bigsbys are the same. My arm is held on by a carriage style bolt with washers and a nut on the back hidden inside the spring. I don't see anything in your parts list about a bolt and nut, do you have those?
      HCGB #77

Squier Army
      Rickenbacker Squadron
      Gretsch Gang
      Epiphone Empire

"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." - Les Paul, 2002

Why not just follow the advice I gave you in your original thread? It's not rocket science.